Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (chadly22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-03-2007, 10:51 PM Reply   
I'll be buying a tower soon. I don't like the look of monster towers. Does anyone has experience with the joystick pro-series? I'm worried about limiting my rack options with the 2.5" tubing. And how about that typhoon tower with the racks built-in? They aren't the best looking, but if they're sturdy and do the job, I wouldn't mind saving $400 in racks. Is it me or have the price of towers dropped in the past few years?
Old    kidrik            04-04-2007, 7:24 AM Reply   
When I had my I/O, I put a Monster Tower on it, and never had one problem! It was sturdy, noise free, and their customer service rocks. As far as the tubing, they send various size collars to accomodate accessories. Or just buy their racks which are also solid. And at that price, with free shipping, they'll be tough to beat.

Good luck.
Old     (chadly22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Notice from the post above,
"I do not like the look of Monster Towers".
they look great on vdrives and ski boats, but on an i/o I just don't like how they look.

Does anyone have experience with the JoyStick Pro or Typhoon Towers? NO MONSTER
Old    ausbill32            04-04-2007, 8:46 AM Reply   
I 2nd the Monster Tower. I had one on my last boat I/O Q4 Tracker Tahoe and I never had a problem with it. Easy to fold down, sturdy/solid as could be, and super quiet (never heard a sound from it).
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2007, 8:50 AM Reply   
haha, too funny. i 3rd the monster tower (just kidding Chad).

here's a thread with some pics:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/428603.html?1175641861

did you see that?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
I would check this out if i were you. Plus i think they look great on i/o's.

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/product.php?productid=16984&cat=343&page=1

http://www.lightningaccessories.com/images/tower-pics/newtowerpics/2006adjustabletower1.JPG

http://www.lightningaccessories.com/images/tower-pics/newtowerpics/2006adjustabletowerstep8.JPG
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2007, 8:52 AM Reply   
have to say i think the 13th floor tower from that thread looks the best on those boats.
Old     (chriscraftwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 9:14 AM Reply   
UploadI do not like monster towers either this is a big air pylon I put on myself it cost me $795.00 for the money that is the best tower on the market It doesn't make any noise. The customer service is very good as well.
www.bigairpylons.com
Old    kidrik            04-04-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
Sorry Chad, it's "Spring Break" for me right now, and last night was a good one........

I didn't catch the "don't"............(still blurry)

I thought you "liked" the look, so I was trying to help! My bad.
Old     (chadly22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
No problem Rik. Sorry if I sounded harsh, I didn't mean it that way.

Hey Matt Bird, that tower is nice and the price is right too. Do you have this tower? Who is the manufacturer?
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-04-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
The tower is a lightning universal tower. I have the 2" version. this one is the updated 2.25". I haven't put mine on yet because my boat isn't finished. You can check out them out a little more here www.lightningaccessories.com
Old     (halo)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-04-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
Check out www.diywake.com there stuff is much cheaper.
Old     (chadly22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-04-2007, 1:12 PM Reply   
Thanks everyone for your input.
So, it's down to:
1)Lightning Adjustable Swoop tower (2.25")
2)DIY Wake Large polished universal swoop tower (2")
or
3)Joystick Pro-Series (2.5")

All are about the same price $760-$900 shipped.
Does the thickness of the tubing matter much?
Anyone have any experience to sway me towards one of them?
Old    kidrik            04-04-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
Have you seen the Monster tower......?

Couldn't resist.....I'm fully recovered now.
Sorry again for the mis-read earlier.

Be sure to post pics of your final choice!

Good luck.
Old     (chadly22)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2007, 2:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info everyone. I decided on the DIY tower. I ordered it in black and it should be here next week.

If anyone has installed one of these and has some advice, it will be appreciated.
Thanks again.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-05-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
I have the joystick universal on my 2001 nautique. It is a pretty good universal tower. I think it is one of the better looking universal towers.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-05-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-05-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
boss towers, they are known as boss accesories now. You can choose from 3 different towers and their biminis and accesories are by far the cleanest.

http://www.bosswake.com/index.php
Old    kidrik            04-05-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
Congrats on your choice! Remember, pics!
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
I installed a New Dimension Tower on my '96 Prostar 205. Now they may be one of the most expensive towers, but is designed excatly for each boat. And he was the original designer for the MC zero-flex-flier. That being said, his customer support was very good, the scarriest part was drilling holes in my boat. I would suggest having at least 2 other people to help as they can be awkward. (and do not do it at night)... I did it with just 2 people total and we double and triple checked before we drilled. Then we added the aluminum backing plates and glassed them in with the included fiberglass.... But, before diong this, we had to sand down the inside area so that it was relatively smooth and that was a pain, as a couple of the spots were hard to get to.... but when finished it looks great and after 2 summers there is no sign of any stress cracking....Upload
Upload
Old     (266crownlinebr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-07-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
I put a Trick Tower on my boat last year. Check out their website at tricktowers.com