Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2015, 7:49 AM Reply   
Are the police protesting and deciding not to go after criminals or is it just a spike in the numbers?

http://youtu.be/RyEdzsfJwKQ
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-29-2015, 12:07 PM Reply   
I think they kind of hit the nail on the head right at the beginning, the police are afraid of being put in jail or being blamed for something they didn't do. Glad I am not in their shoes.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       05-29-2015, 12:22 PM Reply   
Didn't the mayor tell the police to back off so the protesters would have room to destroy? Isn't this what the city leadership wanted... This is a perfect example of unintended consequences. You reap what you sow. I have zero empathy or sympathy for them.

And the police are doing their jobs, just in neighborhoods where the people want law and order.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2015, 3:25 PM Reply   
Ya think the Mayor was trying to win the hearts and votes of the Protesters? By telling the cops to go easy on protesters and let them destroy.

Here in Oakland the new mayor is learning the same lesson as the one in Baltimore. The Oakland mayor let protesters have their way in select places of the city. Owners of local businesses were irate with her. They were calling the out of town protesters who came to Oakland to protest (tour-ist-izzim) out of town terroizim. And that Oaklands mayor was promoting it by handcuffing the police.
When will the bleeding hearts realize that when you let the Animals run the zoo $hit Go's off the tracks quick!
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-30-2015, 6:35 AM Reply   
Unfortunately, some think being a police officer is easy and base their judgements of an officer's actions when they are sitting safely on their couch. I wondered how long it would be before officers realize it may not be worth it. Several years ago, I asked a policeman what my rights were if someone breaks into my house and he told me that I should help the robber carry the TV out so he doesn't hurt himself.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-31-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
They got exactly what they asked for..... Not a place that I'd want to be an officer, especially when your hands are tied by regulations. If they want to cuff the police, then they can reap it.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-01-2015, 3:22 PM Reply   
I hate those ignorant ficks and wished the police woulda opened fire on them for burning down our country. Same with the ones stomping on the flag. Hate this ****. Zero respect or pride. Bunch of selfish monkeys blaming everyone else for their own wrong doings.
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       06-03-2015, 4:33 AM Reply   
This goes a lot farther up than the mayor as long as we have community organizers and bleeding heart liberals in charge this is what will happen . How many of you will still vote for Hillary for pres?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-04-2015, 1:24 PM Reply   
Literally should just pull the whole police force out of the area. The people think cops are bad, well, have at your utopia...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
Pulling out the police force would be like pulling out of Iraq and Isis taking over. it would not be long b4 evil would take over and thrive.

I hope from all these Major occurrences La Riots, Oakland, Furgerson, Baltamore, the authorities recognize that these so called "protests" are just a excuses for the roaches to get wild and loot. It's not about protest. It's about causing mayham.

You should be allowed to protest. You should Not be allowed to cause havoc and mayham.

It may get down a point where your ONLY allowed to "Protest" in a certain aeras. Construct a cement stadium that "protesters" can protest at.

They should make these people have a permit and only allow demonstrations or protest in safe aeras