Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    stormrider            08-19-2003, 2:51 PM Reply   
Two more days and San V's open! For people not familiar with San Diego, we have exactly one lake in the entire county that we can ride on and it is only open Thursday through Sunday--in the summer. For seven months out of the year, it's only open Thursday and Friday. Still, it's the only lake we got so I can't wait until Thursday!
Old    norcal_99            08-19-2003, 6:17 PM Reply   
That's why I live in Nor-Cal. We have a lot of great lakes not to mention the delta.

This past Thursday - Sunday I was at Lake Don Pedro. Thursday and Friday was perfect. Saturday and Sunday was a little crowded so I pulled the boat out of the lake at noon on Sunday and went to Orwood in the delta to ride the best water on earth Sunday afternoon to sunset. Decided to spend the night at my friend Jeff's house in Discovery Bay. Then rode on butter all day 10am - 8:30pm Monday.

Gotta love Nor*Cal

Old    stormrider            08-19-2003, 8:19 PM Reply   
We're starving down here. Thursday and Friday the lake pretty much chops out by 9:00 a.m. at the latest and is unuseable the rest of the day. You get up at 5 to get to the lake at 6 and maybe get an hour or so of good water-- if it's not windy. Only hope is the slalom area. You pay an extra ten bucks to have a small area to yourself with 3 other boats. 15 minutes of better riding an hour. You should see us rotate riders. It looks like a fire drill. Winter's better, but then it's only two days a week and we share it with every wakeboarder's best friend: the fishermen.

So I'm back at the office right now with my three sons for one reason: to look up hotels in the delta area for a trip my sons and I have planned for late September.

Rene, you guys have it soooooo good.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-19-2003, 10:31 PM Reply   
Quit complaining, you guys have it pretty good aswell
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-20-2003, 8:01 AM Reply   
I guess as long as its possible to get a pull in the morning, go to work, then get in the waves in the evening it makes it worth it.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-20-2003, 8:26 AM Reply   
Thats why Michigan rules , we have more lakes than we know what to do with although my season only lasts 4 months tops. What drives me insane is that its almost useless to ride on a nice day. When its sunny and hot every moron with a jet ski or a tube comes out and trashes the water but when its cloudy, overcast and chilly we have the lake to ourselves. Do you guys have the titanic problem in cali as well? A huge problem for us is people taking their 40 foot cabin cruiser that they ride around on the great lakes in and throw it on my 1 mile long inland lake. They can make 1 pass and trash the entire lake.
Old    stormrider            08-20-2003, 9:16 AM Reply   
Blabel: now that's the system!
Blain: We don't have a problem with large boats on our small lake. Pretty interesting possibility for triple or double ups! We can ride year round, and many of us do (Paula, Sean, Aki, Paul Smith and his crew, to name a few).
Thursday's now only one day away! Riding Thursday and Friday then heading up to the San Jacinto's to hike on Saturday and Sunday.