Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
All you Sanger owners out there, or maybe just boat owners in general. Purchased my 2007 Sanger v215 last summer and have always wondered where to cut off the gasoline when fueling... It doesn't seem like fueling a car where it will just stop when you've filled it.. Right? What's the secret? I don't have the owner's manual.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-08-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
Its a 45 gallon tank so you can guestimate based on you where you are sitting when you start. Mine however, does auto stop just as if I were fueling my car. You can easily watch though. Don't over fill or you will have it come out the fuel vent near the bow on the port side.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-08-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Just fill it up, unless you are planning on taking skiers out and want the boat lighter. Remember that boat fuel gauges are not very accurate.
Old     (k59)      Join Date: Sep 2011       06-08-2012, 11:08 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's the tough part... Guesstimating. I look at the fuel gauge before I start, but it's tough to know when to stop, especially with my limited experience. And I don't want to waste money having fuel spilling out the bow.. Seems like in 2007 (and through now), technology for this should have improved back in the early 90's or so.. No?
Old    9Drozd            06-08-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
I've worked on a gas dock for quite a few summers and the trick I learned was to listen to the sound of the gas going in. When you have the boat less than half a tank and have the fuel nozzle wide open, listen to the sound it makes. When you start to hear it gurgle back, slow down. You'll be able to tell the difference. When it gurgles back, its getting close to being full.