Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ship_of_fools)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-08-2010, 9:00 PM Reply   
I have an '99 Sea Ray 210 Bow Rider with a Bravo 3.

I would like to improve the wake by adding some ballast. Last year I bought a Fat Sac and placed it in the ski locker. It helped a lot but I think I need more weight up front. I added some old plastic sand filled weights under the front seats (maybe 150 lbs worth) but for next season I would like to go with a ballast bag instead.

I am trying to decide if I should add a pair of side sacs or the V-shaped bow sac up front. I like the idea of the V-shaped one because it will make the best use of the space under the seats. I also like the idea of just having to fill and empty the one bow sac instead of 2 side sacs.

But, the ability to move around the side sacs, even taking them out from under the bow seats if I had to, is appealing.

I am also considering adding one Fat Brick in the engine compartment, opposite the batteries, to help balance out the back. The Pro X Mastercraft X-2 Rear Sac would actually utilize the space better but the fittings look different and I am not sure if they will work with my Tsuanmi pump.

If anyone has any recommendations on the best way to weight down my boat I would appreciate it. Also, if someone can tell me about the fittings on the Mastercraft sac I would be much obliged! Is there any way to plumb the bow sac and ski locker sac together?? Then I could just fill one sac and let them both drain into the bilge.

Thanks

Oh, and I have already downsized my prop so hopefully I am good there. I only went one size, I may need to go two by the time I am done!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-09-2010, 12:07 PM Reply   
we have a 2005 sea ray 220 open bow with a bravo 3.

and we put about 600 lbs in the bow, then 750 lbs under the back seat right in front of the engine.
and our wake is pretty dope.
the pic i just attached was the 600 in the bow, the 750, and 5 people in the boat moved around so the wake is clean on both sides.
this was 23 mph and at 65 feet.

edit-- we put a 750 lb sac just in the center ski locker just to see what would happen, and it made the boat next to impossible to keep straight, and even the slightest cut would cause the wake to get large amounts of white wash. it was bad in all ways.
i also forgot to mention, our boat needs more weight on the drivers side to get both sides of our wake to clean up. so the 750 lb sac we have in the back, is slid all the way over the the drivers side and filled up under the back seat. and it seems to do the trick. if you have any other questions. feel free to ask and ill try and help you out
Upload
Upload
Upload

(Message edited by lfrider92 on February 09, 2010)