Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old    jfair            04-07-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
Choices , Choices.
I am in the market for a used boat. Ive gotten the advice to drive the boats before buying but when purchasing used boats that are from other states it is kinda hard to do that, so i was hoping to get some honest opinions on a few boats that i have my eye on.

1. 2005 Centurion Enzo SV 230 Storm I
2. 2006 Sanger V230
3. 2005 Moomba Mobius XLV
4. 2005 Supra 24 SSV
5. 2005 MB Sports B52V
6. 2003 MasterCraft X30
7. 2004 Calabria Pro-v

I placed them in no particular order. I found a few reviews online that showed a few of the boats in action. It appeared that the Centurion Enzo produced the biggest wake but it could have been deceiving.

Can anyone provide me with a little info? Im kinda in the mind set now that regardless what boat u get if you want a truely big wake you need to weigh it down and therefore a used boat with a bigger engine would probably be the best choice.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-07-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-07-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
8. Malibu WSLSV
9. Malibu WSVLX

Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-07-2006, 2:32 PM Reply   
04 malibu ws LSV,

of the listed, x30, then centurion
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2006, 4:29 PM Reply   
Opinions are like A-holes, we all got one. You just gotta determine whose A-hole smells freshest...

I've ridden all those except the Moomba and Centurion. The Sanger has a huge wake and great quality, plus its a year newer. The Supra has a wake much like the old X2, big solid and awesome, Supra is top notch too. Not a huge fan of the MB, in all departments. The Mastercraft X-30 does not have a good wake, its a nice boat but not for a serious rider. The Calabria is decent, has a good wake, tons of room but not quite as nice as the other. So theres my take, good luck, either way you are getting a boat & I am jealous. Have fun.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-07-2006, 9:34 PM Reply   
I'm not a boat expert by any means but we just bought a used V-Ride and looked at tons of boats. It looked to me like Malibu and Mastercraft both hold their value the best. Centurion's were nice but the finsh (stitching on seats etc.) looked cheaper made to us. Still a very nice boat though, just don't think it would do as well resale. We only looked at one new Calabria and were not impressed. The side bumper on the outside of the boat looked warped (even I noticed that). I've only ridden in the Cen., MC (not an X-30 so no comment) and a few Malibu's so I can't comment on the wakes. We just picked a couple of boats and waited for a decent price, nothing seemed to stay on the market long.
Old     (younguns44)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-22-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
I got a MC x30 and it is an amazing boat that can do anything, it is a big boat , when you get some watar in the ballast tanks the wake is huge