Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
I know its only been two competitions, but will anyone be able to stop Soven? He seems to be killing it in every competition he rides in.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2007, 6:32 PM Reply   
He looked pretty unbeatable last weekend, he didn't fall once, never saw him even bobble, but the season is young & he will be tested.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
Well Rusty is Killing it too, just hasn't stood Everything up as well as Soven. One 'bobble' by Soven and I'm sure Rusty can get him. Also, Murray's been ridding really strong. I don't know if Murray throws all the tricks he needs to beat Soven's best run but if he ever feels inclined to link the same sort of tricks as Soven up I won't bet against him. Then there is Harf who has yet to ride to his potential and can oust anyone with a stand up run.
If Soven has one fall there is a whole lot of riders that can suddenly stand up their run and go for the top spot.
Congrats to Soven though, he is killing it.

P.S., Adkinson's killing it too... Just felt like this topic can't be had without mention of him as well.
Old     (premiergirl)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-21-2007, 8:19 PM Reply   
Not to mention Parks is back on the scene
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2007, 8:34 PM Reply   
Its not always about who the best rider is, but who rode the contest smarter.

I have high hopes for Parks, but I have a feeling that he can't come back this quick and be back in the top 5, instantly, with Danny, Rusty, Andrew, etc... But, it wouldn't be the first time he shocked us.

(Message edited by jarrod on May 21, 2007)
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-21-2007, 8:41 PM Reply   
Side Nots- When I said Harf has yet to ride to his potential I mean that he is coming off an ankle injury and is trying to get back into a groove. If the groove is anything like last year Soven's going to have to take turns on the top of the leader board.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-21-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
J-Rod should win an award for that!

"Its not always about who the best rider is, but who rode the contest smarter."

Thats one of the truest statements i have ever heard about a wake contest!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2007, 9:18 PM Reply   
Thanks Brotha!

Yo, I might be coming to MN to visit family this summer. How far is your boat from St.Paul?
Old     (arizonarider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-21-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
I am definately stoked to see Murray riding so good. JD Webb is riding good too. I think he could definately take some comps this year. I would love to see him win.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-22-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
With the judging being somewhat opinionated, who knows. Top 5 are definitely Rusty, JD, Phillip,Danny and Andrew. How will they place? Depends on where the judges dart lands that day.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2007, 6:30 AM Reply   
Not necessary. Don't forget Watkins and Sanders. These guys ruled 2005. Sanders was down last year because of an injury, so he should be back as well.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-22-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
Another rider not mention that was also impressive last weekend was Chad Sarpe, the best i've seen him ride a contest in a few years
Old     (snowman89)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2007, 7:30 AM Reply   
where are you guys watching these competitions? is it on the water channel? Times?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-22-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
Snowman, I was at the contest, everyone was stepping up and it will get better as the riders start getting into contest mode. Expect a good year on the PWT.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-22-2007, 8:17 AM Reply   
I watched it at the contest as well.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-22-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
J-Rod my boat is in St. Paul. Lets go shred! When are you thinking about coming to MN?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-22-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Ah man....now I HAVE to come visit. Not sure yet. I'll hit you up.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-22-2007, 11:32 AM Reply   
J-Rod,

Colin Ryan and I both live 10 minutes out of St. Paul. He just picked up his New Supra Launch, might I add it was Free! He hooked up a Supra sponsor in the off season. Not bad for kat frmo MN. I am becoming a huge fan of that wake!