Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-07-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
About 2 months I deceided to do something I have neglected for a long time. I have been fairly selfish and not given back much to the community I live in, charities or anybody besides myself for that matter. To do something for others I have decided to participate in Team in Training and complete a 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe on June 6th. Team in Training is a great organization that has raised an amazing amount of money in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. As part of the training and ride I have made a goal for myself to raise $4,000. Seventy-five percent of the money donated goes directly to research. Please take a look at my donation page and help if at all possible.

Here is my donation page that I have setup through TNT.
http://pages.teamintraining.org/wa/ambbr10/byatescqrj

Just to let you guys/gals know our team training started about 4 weeks ago. As one of the stronger riders I have made some extra time to get out for additional rides. We started with just a 10 mile ride around an Mercer Island which is just east of downtown Seattle. After everybody else left 2 of the coaches for our team and myself rode an additional 25 miles in the rain around the south end of Lake Washington. The week after we 30 mile ride out East of Seattle in the farm land. That week I also rode an additional 30 miles or with a friend. Last week our ride was around Lake Sammamish(some of you probably know this name as one of the most well known lakes in the water skiing/wakeboarding lore). The next day I alos completed a 33 mile ride around Bainbridge Island(an Island just across Puget Sound from Seattle). This ride is called the Chilly Hilly because it is genarally cold and there are 21 hills in a the 33 mile stretch. Yesterday was my most recent ride and we rode from the North end of Lake Sammamish south for 18 miles and then back. I don't know how we have gotten so lucky but every ride I have done besides the first one has been beautiful weather. Yesterday it was chilly and foggy at first but by the end was 60 degrees and sunny. Hopefully this keeps up for us. I have also been supplementing week workouts with cardio at the gym and I try and do a spin class most weeks as well. Once the days get a little longer and warmer I am going to start to ride to work and back.

Anyways, I appreciate any donations, tips for fundraising and any encouragment.

Brett Yates

PS forward my page along to anyone you may think can help.