Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-16-2009, 6:05 PM Reply   
Southern Wake is putting together the first annual Southern Wake day I am looking for any one in the midsouth to bring there boats out and join in on the fun. It will be July 18th we have not picked a lake yet so go to
http://s1.zetaboards.com/southernwake/index/ and let me know your favorite spots so we can pick the lake. I am going to let the boarders decide what lake to use by the response on are forum. More news will be posted in the news section of the forum.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-18-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
If I can get some people involved and wanting to attend I have some backing to make this a pretty fun day with giveaways and food and allot off other stuff I might be able to get some factory support and get them involved also. So lets her it from everyone Ar,Ms,Mo,Ky, and Tn lets go lets turn this into something we can look forward too every year. Go to http://www.s1.zetaboards.com/southernwake/index/ and look for news and info and let me know what you think.

(Message edited by rshea99 on April 18, 2009)
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-18-2009, 8:20 AM Reply   
Here is the logo for the event.

(Message edited by rshea99 on April 18, 2009)
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-18-2009, 8:26 AM Reply   
Let me try this again.
Upload
Old     (dirtyriverrider)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-19-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
Roger I gotta say I admire your effort with all this...
Hopefully this will come together
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-19-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
only 3hrs from Jxn, MS to Memphis! I may be up for it!
Old     (gangster_wake)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-20-2009, 5:33 AM Reply   
It may be hard to draw some of the Ky peps, the pro tour is in E-Town that weekend
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-20-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
I was hoping to pull from about a 3 hour radius from Memphis, that's why I was trying to get a feel from everyone where they called there favorite spots or home or just what part of the midsouth they are in this way I could get an idea on a lake, of course the lake I pick plays into allot of what I can offer as far as giveaways and door prizes and such. But then again my main goal here is just to get these people together and then grow it from there. Thinks to the ones that have responded it shows some interest don't forget to go and sign up for Southern Wakes forum and give me some ideas and let me know your hot spots and get any news about this event or other events going on http://s1.zetaboards.com/southernwake/index/ Upload
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-20-2009, 1:37 PM Reply   
I'm in Jackson (along with B Webb), I don't know many places up in Memphis as I've never riden up there, But i have riden on Sardis before and when we went it was absolutely amazing. Its not far from Memphis at all. But i'm not sure how easy it would be to get more of the northern riders to come a little further south. Have you thought about the Tenn Tombigbee?
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-20-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
Sippi,
You been out any? I have ridden the rez 3-4 times in the last month.. and Eagle lake a few times in Feb.. Holla sometime. I have not been on the river yet. Is it back to a normal level? had to dodge a couple of logs Friday eve over by Pelahatchie bay... I am sure the river has a few in it!
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 7:54 AM Reply   
I thought about the Tenn Tombigbee I just don't know allot about it. But hay that's why I am asking for input from the riders where are you saying on the tombigbee.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-21-2009, 8:39 AM Reply   
i might be in for a little trip with the stars and stripes. depends on how far i gotta drive. and i can prolly bring a crew with me. only thing is thats the weekend before the free ride in monroe that im organizing. im a maybe.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
I can work on the date. I want to work with everyone the best I can. I know I am not going to please everyone but if I have to move it a weekend back or forward I can. I would just like to see a good turn out.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-21-2009, 11:04 AM Reply   
Hey B Webb, We've been out a few times. If this weather would stop going from 85 one day to 60 the next the water would be a lot better. I was actually over by Pelahatchie Bay Monday after easter for a few hours just to take my 2 year old son out for a little while. I was getting ready to pull my brother and these wallies in a yamaha powerturning every where ruined the water! made me miss the river!But to top it off, my brother left my rope and handle (red ronix seneca handle, brand new 80 ft white a-line) on the back of the boat, didn't realize it wasn't there til we put it back on the trailer! still not happy about that! I went out on the river Sunday for a while, it was perfect. No logs or anything, water level is good. I think we're goin out again thursday, Zack's going to come ride with us. If you've never seen him ride you need to!

Roger, i'll get a hold of zack and ask him, he's been riding up there several times. i know they ride at beans ferry. but he'll know where the best place is. Here's a vid of a few of em riding up there.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=78646 11
Hope they don't mind i put that on here.

(Message edited by sippi on April 21, 2009)
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       04-21-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
I applaud your effort Roger. I have not been around the water as much over the past 2 years as I once was, but I still love when I do get out there.

I know that the Memphis Boat Center had something out at Pickwick before right where the Tombigbee starts. There used to be some "core" riders there, but not sure how many frequent Pickwick these days. If you had it there, I would try to make it. I got a baby due any day now, so it will all depend on her.

Either way...good luck.
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
Thank you for the applaud. Things get slowed up a little at first after having kids I have a 10 and 5 year old and they take any free time I have left and I would not trade it for anything in the world. My 10 year old got her first Hyperlite this year so can't wait to get her on it. I have been looking at Pickwick real hard that is wear allot of people are that can help out as far as sponsor's and such. So I will get it narrowed down. I have had a response from all over so I have been kind of surprised. I thought it would have been one group in one area but it backs up what I have said before I see wakeboarders every where I go so I know there out there. The first time I put a wakeboard under me I fell in love with the sport just wish I would have done it sooner in life. I am going to try and grow the sport in the midsouth. I have allot of ideas so keep the ideas and support coming and we will get it there. Also I do take volunteers to help out so don't be shy just ask.
Upload
Old     (rshea99)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-21-2009, 2:08 PM Reply   
Also don't forget about my forum http://s1.zetaboards.com/southernwake/index/ come on over and sign up this is where I am going to start posting updates under the announcement and news section.
Upload