Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old    kmillard92            03-23-2008, 10:06 PM Reply   
I'm looking at the special on BBB (boardersbestbuy.com) right now for the Hyperlite Motive 144 + Foundation (size XL) bindings for $159. I'm fairly new to wakeboarding but want a board of my own as I know my friend is getting tired of letting me use his. I've been looking everywhere for the past few months for a board + boots. But, it has to be cheap (like this cheap) because I'm also in the process of saving for my first car. But since I can't drive for another few months alone and have a summer job lined up already, I've got a little extra money and am thinking about pulling the trigger on this.

So,
Any thing to say about the board / boots?

I know a 144 is a little big for a 5'6" 165 lbs, but I'm still growing height-wise so would it still be to big?

The boots are size XL rated for 10-15.5, would these be too big for a 10.5 foot?

I know these are more lower-end HL stuff, but will they still hold up well?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-23-2008, 10:24 PM Reply   
Great board to learn on, really concerned about how big it is for yourself. As for low end bindings, I'm big on saying you want higher end bindings over a higher end board. The support and comfort they provide is VERY important.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-23-2008, 11:33 PM Reply   
dont waste your maony on stuff thats the wrong size. other wise your just going to get something later and end up spending more.

youre better off spending 50 bucks more for something that will work better for you.

its a great deal but whats the point if its not the right gear for you
Old     (slowjet)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-24-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
Yeah I agree, I'd keep looking. A 144 wouldn't do you any favors learning, at your height and weight. I've got an 06 Liquid Force Omega and it has served me well for learning. I'm getting a new board soon but everyone likes riding my board. Watch ebay, you can find them for around 100 and then some Alpha bindings or something similar for the 50-75, and they'd all be in the size you need. JMO
Old    vanski            03-24-2008, 10:13 AM Reply   
Kenny, I have an 05 Motive that I bought when I started out...great forgiving beginner board. I'll off load it if you are interested. Size 140 and medium size Spin bindings. Email me if you are interested

gonefishn22@comcast.net
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
That is the wrong board for you. Call me and I will hook you up with something else that is better suited for your size.

Tom 866-667-9253
BoardersMall.com
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-24-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
My recommendation is a Liquid Force Trip 134/138 with Alpha bindings in your size!
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-24-2008, 11:48 AM Reply   
Hey Kenny, it looks like our phone system is down, so email me and I will help you.}