Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       06-08-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
I'm hoping to get a print to a my machinist tommorrow and need to verify a dimension on a '99 Supra Launch tower diameter. I remember measuring 1.688" (which equates to 1 11/16") diameter but I can't find the scrap of paper I wrote it down on. I would just go re-measure this but my boat lives about 70miles from me. If someone has a '98-'00 Launch in their driveway and 5 extra minutes could you please measure your tower diameter (any of the round tubing - not oval) with a dial caliper or micrometer or the circumference (distance around the perimeter) with a tape measure and post it for me. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Scott
Old    wetnwildaudio            06-08-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
i think I would just call my dealer or supra direct
Sorry i cant help
Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       06-08-2003, 3:30 PM Reply   
Looking for a sunday night answer. If I don't get anyone that can help me out tonite thats the monday morning solution for sure. I'm a little on the impatient side. Plus I'm on the CAD machine right now.
Old     (tjhooker)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-08-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
It is 1 11/16th of an inch.
Old    markb            06-08-2003, 4:53 PM Reply   
Scott - I carry a micrometer in my pocket protecter. I could have stopped by the shed and measured it today! You didn't miss any good water this afternoon. Lake was a mess from all the wind, but we hugged the shore for a couple runs. Good luck....
Old     (motoxer)      Join Date: May 2002       06-08-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
Thanks Mike M.!!! You helped me out tremendously. I can finish up in time to hand off tomorrow morning.

Mark B,
You are the wrong kind of nerd or I would have called your cell. I'll let you know when I want to change the operating system on my boat.... I'm sure you have an extra copy of Linnux in your CD case at all times. You missed the good day yesterday. No wind at all, just a few boats. Had a little talk with the lake cop about having a spotter apparently a mirror doesn't cut it.
Old     (zipe)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-08-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Hmmm, thats gotta be what I need to get better-upgrade my boat's Operating System. Anybody got a lead on a good price for Wake-XP, my current Wake-98 keeps crashing!