Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 4:18 AM Reply   
Hello, I'm Robin and i'm from the Netherlands.

We don't have a good wakeboard forum in Holland. So i'll ask my question here!

What is the different, between the Hyperlite }Roam e-core 2005 and the Roam e-core 2006???

And is it important to have the Roam bindings? or can i ride with the 3ds 2005 version of hyperlite?
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
can somebody help me?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-08-2006, 7:28 AM Reply   
Robin,

I believe the 06 shape is even more snowboard style.... but here is the manufacturer description:

Company comments: A jib friendly creation that carries a snowboard season through the summer. Designed for more of a knees-bent, railriding style where a rider relies on the profile of the board to set a turn and hold an edge. Who needs fins anyway?
E core opens up a new spectrum for a board to flex torsionally. While riding a Roam, the toeside edge will actually flex differently than the heelside edge thru our clear nylon top. This torsional flex is why our new Roam series has an inside radius for the most effective edge from our alpine inspired friends. A series that should be a second in any wake enthusiasts quiver! A simplistic design to allow the rider to control every aspect of the drive, snap, and pivot. SNAP!

Company comments: Take your board back to the roots. A series designed for the rider to dictate every aspect of the carve, edge hold, release, landing and most importantly control on rails. This snowboard inspired creation is designed for an exaggerated push off the water. A rider can approach into a turn put all of their weight on the front of the board and go into a true nose press. Still doing every trick possible on a traditional board but with a distinct feel only found in this new stick.

Lzy
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-08-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
the 06 is way better. it has alot more tail in the water acting like a fin when on edge with its snowboard style sidecut allowing for better control with still a very loose feel. and no you dont need the roam bindings. i like normal bindings on the roam board because it gives better control over the board.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       05-08-2006, 10:10 AM Reply   
Oke that's nice william, what other binding do you advice me? So i'm must buy the '06 version but the binding?
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-08-2006, 10:20 PM Reply   
nah man. you CAN/will be able to use the 3DS bindings you have.
Old     (jolly)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-08-2006, 11:17 PM Reply   
i have the 05 roam and i have ridden the 06. the 06 is a lot softer and the tip/tail help when you cut, the 06 board feels like it tracks better on cuts. I would definitely buy the 06 if you are in the market. as far as boots go, you can ride anything, however I prefer a softer binding on the roam so I can flex it out so I would see how those 3DS boots feel, then after riding the setup a few times decide if you want softer bindings.
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       05-09-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
But, i can buy the roam boot or the 2005 3ds? which of these are better on the Roam '06.

I think Roam board & Roam boot, they don't make a shoe with a board for nothing you know
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-09-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
So do you really want advice or are you just looking for people to validate the decision you have already made?

Are you wake riding or rail riding? The Roam boot has very little support and is designed to be tweaked and moved around(rail riding). A regular boot will give you more support for wake tricks.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-09-2006, 7:28 PM Reply   
yea heavy is correct. the boot is not really designed with ankle support in mind at all. it is a comfy boot but will deffiantely not hold up to some huge dubs or any sort a wake riding. i ride the board with a set of parks right now and have no problem tweakin grabs and slides out but still have ankle support
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       05-10-2006, 1:59 AM Reply   
Oke that's what i want to know,

Thanks
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-10-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
i'm thinkin of gettin the 06 roam, but would definately keep my parks on it.

mainly cause with those bindings i'd be more in control of the board, so could get more flex from it. with the roam boots i can imagin i'd be tweaking the board more than gettin a nice bend from it which is the whole point aint' it?

Then my last point, if you are doing wake trix, you want good supportive bindings, those shoe things look like they take binding technology back a few notches......look at snowboard boots, the better ones are stiffer so you can really crank the board
Old     (robin_holland)      Join Date: May 2006       05-14-2006, 2:06 AM Reply   
Oke thanks for all the advice, i've bought the Roam '06 with the 3ds binding
Upload