Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (deuce636)      Join Date: May 2007       05-14-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Boat is a 2006 Svfara SV609, with a Mercruiser Black Scorpion 5.7L.

So, today, got it back on the water today after replacing my prop. Filled it up with marine gas before getting to the lake. Got out, and as soon as there was a load on the engine, it would start to miss, and run like hell. So did some research myself, Mercruiser says to run 87 octane in it. I called the station that I got the gas from, and the gas was 92 octane. This is only the 3rd time the boat has been on the water since I've owned it. When I took it out the first time, was my test drive with the dealership, then 2nd time, I added $40 in gas, then $55 in gas the 3rd time.

So, was the higher octane gas that I ran not good for my engine? The 2st and 2nd time I had it out, it ran like a champ, no issues at all. So, now all of the original dealership gas has been run out of it, and its got straight 92 octane in it. Is that the cause of my problem?

2nd problem is with the surge brakes on my trailer. Trailer is a ShoreRider tandem axle, drum brakes. When the brakes are applied, they make an awful grinding noise, like something is between the shoe and the drum. When I pulled it out of the water it was fine, then once I drove it into town, they started grinding again.

Thanks in advance for anyone that might have any ideas!!