Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-11-2005, 7:11 AM Reply   
Just curious, are there any laws or anything I should know when selling a boat from one state to another? I am from Texas and have a serious buyer from California. Currently I have a lien on the boat and the couple that is buying also will have a lien on the boat. Any advice is appreciated.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on March 11, 2005)
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
I bought a boat from LA, and am in WI. Typically their bank will write two checks one to you and one to the bank for the balance of your lien. You can send the title with them, but you will have to mail the lien release letter from the bank to them, otherwise they cannot title the boat.
Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-11-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
Additionally, any sales tax would be owed. In Washington, the sales tax would be due the minute the boat crosses the state line. This is normally taken care of in the financing arrangements by the bank.

Is there a sales tax in California?
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-11-2005, 8:00 AM Reply   
There's a tax on everything in California.

Yes 8.25% or somehting like that.