Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-06-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
I just got my boat and am trying to figure out which side is best? I tried it on the passenger side and had pretty good results at about 10-11 mph with it loaded w/ people and ballast. I didn't try it the other way but I'm curious which side you guys w/ my boat do it on. Thanks for the input.

Erick

Oh yeah, I'm using an Inland Surfer Blue Lake 5'6". It's pretty sweet.

(Message edited by firemedic on September 06, 2006)
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-07-2006, 2:24 PM Reply   
We seem to have better results on the drivers side. But, we only run about 1000 lbs of ballast and usually only a couple of adults. Riding a Butter Board 5'4", I think.
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
Put a 500lb phat sac in the back left corner and a 750lb phat sac on the back left seat. all people on the same side. If you have only two put another 350lb phat sac on the floor next to the 750lb phat sac. Speed 11 mph.
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of the wake.
application/pdfUpload
pdf 2 surf pix.pdf (36.9 k)
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2006, 6:02 AM Reply   
Here is a jpeg of the pic.Upload
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2006, 6:07 AM Reply   
Here is another pic of the port side wake supra 22SSV.Upload
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-15-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna add a fatsack on the floor on the passenger side next.
Old     (firemedic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-21-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
I'll take a shot of the wake this weekend.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-22-2006, 7:34 AM Reply   
We rock both sides on the 22SSV depending on the rider. Put 550's on both sides and fill what ever side you are riding, and the other about 1/3-1/2, and play with nose weight depending on # of people in the boat. Make sure you have the wakeplate up. For even better wake surf the drivers side and put another bag behind the driver and have people sit there too.

Or upgrade to the new '07 22SSV!!!
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-22-2006, 7:57 AM Reply   
So the starboard side of the SSV is the "strong" side? Are they reverse rotation?
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-07-2006, 10:30 PM Reply   
what's different about the 07 22ssv vs. the 06.
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-07-2006, 10:54 PM Reply   
Jamie if you had your choose would choose the 24ssv or the 22ssv 07 models. I looked at the supra page and like alot of the new design changes on the 22 but also love that 24' length on the 24ssv. You seem to have experience in both boats.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-09-2006, 8:16 AM Reply   
LSG - I do like both, a lot, but the reason I like the 22SSV was because it's the best cross over (ski to wakeboard) boat on the market. You can pull a top comp skier and make him happy, then add water and the wake shape and size for wakeboarding rocks. The new 22SSV are longer and taller and have added some weight, so that will take away from the ski wake some. Some say the new 22 will be the 24 killer, but I don't think so. The 24SSV are big and deep, with a ton of room for everyone and everything. I'm still not locked on either one 100%, and I’m actually looking at those two and the 21V. I like the 22 for towing, skiing, and performance on the water, but love the 24 when you are have good times with all your friends and family, and wake surfing. The best thing about both boats is the SUPRA wake!!! That wake is so rider friendly compared to other boats. I’ve yet to find anyone who didn't like it.

As for you, ask yourself...
1) What lake(s)??? Are they big lakes with big boats you need something deep to help with the ride, or smaller lake with smaller coves. Do you travel and tow to a lot of different states and lakes, or are you true to your home lake?
2) How many people do you take out, and how much stuff do they bring? If you have a ton of friends and family, then you are going to have 2 tons of stuff and equipment.
3) Then get in, check them out side by side, and make sure you test-drive and bring a board to test ride. Make sure inside it’s what you are looking for in a boat, and performs to your liking on the water.

I’ve spent a lot of time in the 22SSV and the only thing I didn’t like about it was the layout, and the #1 thing I loved about it was its crossover performance. I hope fixing one didn’t hurt the other too much… But after seeing the 22 at surf expo I know it will be a heavy hitter this year.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask or e-mail…
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-14-2006, 5:33 PM Reply   
jamie - Have you wake surf a 24ssv. If so how did you weight the boat for the left side. I have a demo tomorrow.
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-16-2006, 8:26 AM Reply   
LSG - The wakesurf on both sides of the 24SSV is killer. We changed the long bags in the back to the big 750lbs(+) Flyhigh ProXseries (in red). What ever side you are riding fill it up, and the other about 1/3 to 1/2 and 1/2 in the nose.
Old     (the_dude)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-16-2006, 8:43 AM Reply   
I did that and the wave wasn't as good as my 06 22ssv and the new 07 22ssv was the best. I had a wave that I could surf about 15' from the back of the boat on the 07 22ssv. Also, I was able to ride at a faster speed 13mph vs. 11.5 mph.