Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-25-2010, 10:07 PM Reply   
Ok so what does everyone think of the following Suv/Trucks for #1 Towing short distances daily and long distances on occasion. #2 Daily driving 15 miles to work daily (10 miles freeway). #3 Snow snow snow! i live in an area w/ really bad lake effect snow, its BAD need something that will plow through. and #4 something i want to keep for 6-7yrs and put about 100k miles on it.

i'll be buying most likely 2007-2008 w/ 25-40k miles already on it.

1. Hummer H3 "love the style and its just unique imo, something different, but concerned about towing"
2. Nissan Xterra "probably last on my list, mostly just affordable"
3. Jeep Commander (V8) "not a fan of the exterior, but overall a great value w/ the powerful v8"
4. Ford Eddie Bauer Explorer (V8) "this was my 1st choice for awhile but im having 2nd thoughts"
5. GMC Envoy Denali (v8) "has a beefy v8 and i always have liked the denali packages"

These are the 5 i have narrowed down to. Im looking at 18-22k purchase price. I'm looking for something that i will keep and not get sick of.

My past cars i've had:

1994 Ranger 4x4 4.0 V6 - Towed my 2004 Mobius with this, it did ok, almost got to 70mph on freeway but had to sell to my brother.
2002 BMW 330 - Absolutely loved this car!!! everything about it was great
2004 Ford FX4 150 Crew Cab - Great power, great towing, just thought it was a little too big for my taste, i got sick of it after a couple years.... and hated the MPG's
2006 Ford F150 XLT - it was kinda a basic model, i liked the tow power, again hated the MPGs and i got sick of it fairly quick....
2008 Ford Escape Limited V6 - Love the handling, MPG, good in snow. But the power in this thing is awful! 200hp w/ 190tq... towing is a joke.

thanks in advance

Last edited by mmobius2001; 05-25-2010 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added car