Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Other Water Sports > Waterskiing

Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-08-2003, 12:15 PM Reply   
Okay so I'm a little upset! I've owned my prostar 190 for almost 3 years now and I've never even put a scratch on it... This past week I went to Table Rock for a weeks vacation.

Wednesday I hit a tree stump with my prop, put a good nick in the prop, but otherwise no damage. Wednesday night I was pulling out of a boat slip and a huge wave broadsided me and pushed me into the dock puting a huge scratch in the gelcoat. Damn I was livid. Next morning we are pulling up to the course at 7am and here come 2 jet skis hauling a$$ through the course running over buoys and knocking off boat guides. I chased them down and asked them politely to go somewhere else on the lake and tear a$$, as I'm talking to one of the girls, she drifts over and slams into the side of my boat leaving a huge black streak. Then Friday afternoon I'm backing the boat into the driveway so I can clean it up and I back the sun of a bi&ch into the garage door.
Not a good week for the Mastercraft. Damn I was pissed.
Old     (garry)      Join Date: May 2003       07-09-2003, 11:19 PM Reply   
Oh yeah!! i can relate to that.Well at least your boat didnt fall of the trailer and land on the dirt hill i was driving up.I was in to much of a hurry and forgot to put the safety chain on.
Old     (bjbatch)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-11-2003, 12:12 AM Reply   
Ouch. I had a bad week too. My trailer rolled away from m in my storage area and the tongue impaled a nice Class A motorhome. I need a new coupler and the motorhome...well let's not go there. Then last weekend I was coaxed into going to a lake I hate by my neighbors. I managed to smack a rock with my prop. On the bright side, it gave me a reason to order a new Acme prop and relegate this OJ prop to back-up duty.
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-13-2003, 10:17 PM Reply   
That sucks im sorry guys
Old     (wakeboardpops)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2007, 8:02 AM Reply   
I have you all beat,we went to lake erie for the first time,we hit a reef(not marked) and broke our driveshaft,after calling the coast guard it cost us $400 to be towed to shore,we had to take a cab to pick up our truck 20 miles away,on the way home we got a flat on the trailer(no spare)the sherrif told us to take it off the highway or it would be towed,had to slowly hobble 10 miles to the fiirst exit(not fun)next morning went and bought a new rim and tire,got the boat fixed,all said and done about $2000,aint boatin fun
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-10-2007, 12:08 PM Reply   
Man, you guys need to stay inside for a couple o'days!!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-13-2007, 11:39 AM Reply   
I actually had to argue with a jetskier about the slalom course. It appears that some think they are jetski courses.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-15-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
BTW this thread is from 2003... How did it suddenly reappear???
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-15-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
Beach, I noticed that the other day, I was about to post and give you crap, then I realized it was from 4 years ago.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-16-2007, 9:08 AM Reply   
4 years ago and my Dad is still unhappy about the garage door!