Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-08-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
We just got the new alliance magazine and it has the 2012 Board Test. they tested 3 boards from every manufacture. i was really suprised to see that every single test rider listed the Obrien Paradigm as one of their top 3 boards.
Obrien has always kinda been like moomba. since its not considered a "cool" brand most folks never give them a look/chance(guilty myself), but they seem to be making great products/advances especially in the last few years.
any way just thought it was suprising and cool to see the obrien (paradigm) picked as a top 3. i may have to give it a look.

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       01-08-2012, 9:04 AM Reply   
I agree! I've been able to convert many people to Obrien over the years.They make great product that is second to none.
Old     (bersach)      Join Date: Sep 2010       01-08-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
Hands down the best shape I've ever ridden.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-08-2012, 10:11 AM Reply   
Hell ya! I don't ride O'brien, but I've tried the Paradigm and it kicks ass. Also, those Nomad bindings at the bottom of that picture are most comfortable bindings I've ever put my feet into.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-08-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
After riding a bunch of different brands for the past years, I think I will find myself on an O'brien board in the next few seasons. Love their shapes & a great company to boot.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
Sounds like a demo is in order.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-08-2012, 8:32 PM Reply   
And now you can win one in our new Rider Video contest: http://www.wakeworld.com/news/featur...o-contest.html
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-08-2012, 9:27 PM Reply   
last year it tested well too
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-09-2012, 7:42 AM Reply   
I was on the Paradigm last year, and as you know a long time O'brien rider. I must say that the Paradigm is the most fun I have had on a wakeboard in years. It really doesnt shock me to see it in the top 3! In fact I would say its ABOUT TIME! I am going to ride it again this season, if anyone is around MN and wants to take the board out for a spin I have it in two different sizes, I know your going to love it! What Chris Johnson is doing with shapes, felx, materials is amazing. Many more good thinks to come in the future out of the O'brien Camp.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2012, 7:59 AM Reply   
I have been riding O'Brien boards for years and have converted so many people over to them.

They may not be the flashiest company, not in your face in all the mags, nor do they have a huge team.

But all I can say is if you get the chance to ride an O'Brien board then jump on it.

You just might find yourself a bit surprised and maybe even a new ride!

Chris Johnson is killing it with his shapes so check em out.
Old     (yeahhh)      Join Date: Feb 2011       01-09-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
now for a decent art director
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-09-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
Love my O'brien boards! About time to see them get some well deserved credit.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-09-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
I thnk Jordan does good work!
Old     (RaleighRider)      Join Date: May 2010       01-09-2012, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I was on the Paradigm last year, and as you know a long time O'brien rider. I must say that the Paradigm is the most fun I have had on a wakeboard in years. It really doesnt shock me to see it in the top 3! In fact I would say its ABOUT TIME! I am going to ride it again this season, if anyone is around MN and wants to take the board out for a spin I have it in two different sizes, I know your going to love it! What Chris Johnson is doing with shapes, felx, materials is amazing. Many more good thinks to come in the future out of the O'brien Camp.
I've been on a Decade for the past 2.5 seasons, I know you use to ride it and recommend it pretty strongly. The Decade has been by far my favorite board I've been on, its consistency and speed being a 3-stage board is amazing. Is the Paradigm an improvement? How different does it ride, never been on a flex board so I have no idea what to expect there really.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-09-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahhh View Post
Agreed. O'brien boards look like ****.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Forrest,

If you like the Decade you really need to check out the Format. I rode the Decade for 3 years and then hopped on the Format and I was blown away!

The Paradigm is a very different riding board then the Decade, it's a flex board with no features on the bottom. Like Andy says, it will make you learn how to edge correctly and you better stomp your landings. It was very slick for me, super fun to ride though.

I am an older guy and the landings were to hard for me as well. The Format has a V bottom so the landings are nice and soft.
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2012, 2:38 PM Reply   
If you ride a board because of the way it looks, you are riding it for the wrong reason.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       01-09-2012, 4:23 PM Reply   
With regards to graphics, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so to each their own. Personally, I like how clean the graphics on Obrien boards are.

In the end, graphics don't affect my choice in what board I ride. I completely base my decisions on the board characteristics and if it suits my style of riding.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-09-2012, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjakober View Post
If you ride a board because of the way it looks, you are riding it for the wrong reason.
Ya, we went over this in the last O'brien thread. I totally agree.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-09-2012, 10:23 PM Reply   
iv been riding my obrien gear since 2004 when i first started riding!
OBRIEN has always had super solid product, and i am very glad that its starting to get recognized.
Chris Johson has some mad board shaping skills and i wouldnt be surprised if obrien eventually bacame to top company!

OBRIEN DEFINITELY HAS THE BEST PRODUCT IN MY OPINION
Old     (Wiatowski)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-09-2012, 11:05 PM Reply   
Clean graphics are always a plus.