Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    mgg            05-15-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
I went out for the first time this year today. It was a blast. I am almost to the point where I can drop the rope. I didn't even get out the wakeboard. I was wondering if anyone has retro fitted the FAE to work with the wedge. Larry thought he might have something out this year but he informed me thay have been to busy with production to do the research.I had a friend out today that was getting horrible headaches from the Co2. I so want to put on a FAE but do not want to give up my wedge. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-16-2006, 10:31 AM Reply   
It should not be a problem. Talk to larry I am sure that they have already made some for your boat. I have a wakeplate on my boat and he said no problem
Old    mgg            05-16-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
The last time he emailed me he had said they have not come up with one yet. I will just have get to the drawing board and see if I can come up with something. Mike
Old     (niap101)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-28-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
FAE and the wedge will work together, only the wedge cannot swing; it can be up or it can be down.
You can replace the two bolts that hold the wedge in place with two quick release pins. Then you just remove the wedge, and then put it back on either up or down. This needs to be done on the trailer or in shallow water. It is a pain compared to just swinging it, but then again, carbon monoxide is an even bigger pain.
Larry Mann
Fresh Air Exhaust
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       05-28-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
larry,
got the fae in last thursday for the 06 xlv , but did not get any flange tubes as per instructions say. also what are the small screws for ?. could not take boat out this weekend .

mark werbenec
Old    mgg            05-30-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
does any one like running without the wedge for wakesurfing? We don't really use the wedge for wakeboarding that much. Thanks, Mike
Old     (souperfly)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2006, 7:51 AM Reply   
I use it for both wakesurfing and wakeboarding. I use that and 880lbs (twins) with the the wedge in my sunsetter and its makes a decent wakesurf and wakeboard wake.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-20-2007, 8:10 AM Reply   
I was hoping they would come out with something for my LSV with the wedge. We dont run that much weight for surfing so the wedge seems to help. For wakeboarding all the stock ballast and the wedge is the perfect amount for us. I guess I could deal with taking it off and puting it up every time but thats quite troublesome. I think I'm going to email mr. FAE.

I was thinking about doing two seperate down spouts into the water from each outlet. Use the down turn exhausts available from the manufact. and add an extension of a pinched tube down into the water. the actual exhaust outlet is smaller than the 4 inch dia tube so im sure you can get away with a fairly small area to decrease the drag of the two pipes projecting below the running surface. A few support rods going up to the swim platform to help the side to side and up and down. I think it would work. Any comments?
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-20-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
mgg- We stopped using the Wedge on my sister's boat early last year and the difference it make in the wake was incredible. You'll need to run more weight but the transition will be a lot smoother providing a more enjoyable ride.
Old     (captain_542)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-20-2007, 8:31 AM Reply   
agreed with sean. The wedge adds a steepness to the wake and without it you get a less subtle tranny, less kick. I like the wedge though.