Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            06-29-2012, 2:39 AM Reply   
The event starts offically today, feel free to post any pictures if you're attending.

Last night was the waiver signature and social at Gator's. This area is really gorgeous, and seems to be the land of golfcarts! The wakesurfing starts today and runs through Sunday. I'll try and post some pictures as the contest progresses! Big presence the from Phase 5 team and it seems like everyone from Centurion.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            06-29-2012, 3:45 AM Reply   
We just had breakfast and talked with Scott Culp, the organizer of the event and Scott indicated the riding will be streamed live, starting at 8:00 am Eastern time.

It's the first post on the CWSA website that will have the stream.

http://thecwsa.org/
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       06-29-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Nothing up on the site, at least @ 10am
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       06-29-2012, 7:53 AM Reply   
That goofy wake looks like Show's Enzo goofy wake with the ankle grabber splash.
Old    surfdad            06-29-2012, 7:17 PM Reply   
I think I heard something about the live streaming not working and that it was at the end of the day. Maybe tomorrow?

I misplaced my camera right at the start of the day and didn't find it again until we got back to the hotel!!!! A few shot from about 8 am

If you've ever been to a wakesurf contest you know they are the most boring thing on the planet, you wait 8 hours to ride 2 minutes. These folks are trying to address that with water slides, they had a winch and jetskis towing at a rail, SUPs and the general socializing.

Evereyone was scheduled to ride today AND tomorrow, but I think the last few riders were cancelled due to a tornado warning or some such, the winds were howling at the end of the day. Everyone is scheduled to ride tomorrow also and then the pro's get one last ride on Sunday. The final podium placement is based upon the cumulative score.

AND the bugs here in Florida are HUGE and plentiful!
Attached Images

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-30-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
Great job on the broadcast this afternoon, sure was fun to just kick back and watch and not be responsible for anything. Cool beans.
Old    surfdad            06-30-2012, 7:23 PM Reply   
Great wakesurfing again today. Bri Chmel hit a baby back big, first time ever, Drew landed a switch big, in the men's surf Chase hit a shuv to surface 180 out and Keenan did a shuv in to shuv out, James hit a frontside surface 180 to backside surface 540.

Lots of killer tricks...and lots of new prototype boards coming to retailers soon. Hazen's liquid force signatire model, Campbell Erickson's signature from Ronix, Keenan's surf signature from Inland.
Attached Images

Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-30-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
Check out Taylor Wolfe
http://youtu.be/A3sVaTTjhbI
Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 3:31 AM Reply   
I think I grabbed a picture of Taylor from 2 days ago. She nailed her first 360 ever in the contest.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 3:41 AM Reply   
Some additional photos from yesterday. Finals for the pro divisions are today.
Attached Images

Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-01-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewkettle View Post
Check out Taylor Wolfe
http://youtu.be/A3sVaTTjhbI
I believe Taylor got placed first in her division. Her sister placed second! Congrats to the Wolfe girls for representing the GA and Lake Wakes custom boards.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (WaterBullDawg)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-01-2012, 3:41 PM Reply   
Just got an update that Jordan was first and Taylor got second. Either way a GREAT representation by both Wolfe ladies! Proud of both of them!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
Yeah, they did great. Podium picture from the juniors. Taylor and Jordan Wolfe and Pete Lange, hidden over there in third.
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
Some additional podium pictures, I didn't get all the names for the various ama teur divisions. I'd appreciate if anyone could fill in the blanks for me!

Women's Masters.

1) Judy Walker
2) Angie Viland
3) Debra Kitchens
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:00 PM Reply   
Men's Masters. Mike wouldn't put his trophy down!

1) Scott Culp
2) Mike Viland
3) Dennis Costa
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:03 PM Reply   
Women's Amateur Skim

The only one I know is Vanessa Gonzales in second
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
Men's Amateur Skim
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:08 PM Reply   
There are two new divisions, termed "Outlaw" one each for surf and skim. These are the folks that are beyond am level, but not corporate sponsored level. Outlaw men's skim

1) Ellis Fort
2) Todd Gaughan
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:13 PM Reply   
Women's amateur surf

1) Angie Viland
2) Kaley Sparling
3) Raya Walker
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:20 PM Reply   
I think this is the men's amateur surf. There were a few folks moved out of this division into the new Outlaw division.

1) Zane Montgomery
2) Ford Chupik
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:22 PM Reply   
Men's Outlaw Surf

1) Campbell Erickson
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:28 PM Reply   
Now to the household names!

Women's Pro Skim

1) Bri Chmel
2) Jaqualine Fort
3) Caroline Villeneuve
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:30 PM Reply   
Men's pro skim

1) Keenan Flegel
2) Dom Legace
3) Drew Danielo
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:33 PM Reply   
Women's pro surf

1) Ashley Kidd
2) Jaqualine Fort
3) Raleigh Hager
Attached Images

Old    surfdad            07-01-2012, 4:35 PM Reply   
Men's pro surf

1) Keenan Flegel
2) James Walker
3) Chase Hazen
Attached Images

Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-02-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
whoa. 5 fins on keenans board. wonder what the rides like?
Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-02-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
also.... pretty impressive weekend for keenan. nice sweep.
Old     (surfinsoon)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-06-2012, 8:08 AM Reply   
Which white Phase 5 board is that in all of the pictures?

J
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2012, 8:55 AM Reply   
wow all 3 surf style boards are basically twins!!
Old    surfdad            07-06-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
@ Jason - I believe all of those P5's are the Oogle. P5 donated a ton of boards to the event for prizes.

@ Frank - yeah those Nubsters as trailers are pretty small. Keenan talked about running his as a five fin like Slater, using more traditional quad trailers in lieu of the Nubsters, and then the single Nubster in the back.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-06-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Last Years Surf Style World Champion was riding a Quad Fin Board ...... and third place was on a Quad Fin Board ...... not one on the podium at this event!!

At the West Coast Surf Event Quad Fin Boards took second and third ..... both of those riders have switched Board Styles ..... again Wow!!

Is this what the CWSA wanted to see with their new Scoring System?