Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-31-2003, 5:33 AM Reply   
hi there!!!

anyone knows what good camp in singapore i can join?!

intermidiate or advance course!! thanx!!!
Old    rogione            08-31-2003, 8:15 AM Reply   
Come in Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur

Nice place clean and flat water
Nice boat Super Air Nautique

check : www.wakeboardmalaysia.com
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-01-2003, 1:32 PM Reply   

hi igor!

are you from malaysia? do you gowakeboarding there?
Old    rogione            09-02-2003, 3:39 AM Reply   
Yes I'm in Malaysia.
Riding in Kuala Lumpur at the same place that use every year for the Asian X games.

The water is clean and flat. There is a Super Air Nautique Team edition for rent if you want.

You should try this place.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-02-2003, 1:00 PM Reply   

would 4 days be enough for the intermidiate and advance courses? thanx!!!
Old    rogione            09-02-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
I don't know? It depend how fast you improve.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-03-2003, 5:26 AM Reply   

does singapore has a cable park for wakeboarding also?? thanx!!!
Old    ranma            09-03-2003, 7:47 PM Reply   
Hi Bryen,

From Singapore, the closest cable park is actually in Batam, Indonesia.
http://www.cable-ski.com/
The ferry to Batam from Singapore only takes 45mins or so. So you could do a day trip or even stay over nite if you like.

There are lots and lots of wakeboarding operators in Singapore itself (boat, not cable). Go to www.wakeboard.com.sg and click on Riding Spots. Any or many of these places can conduct half day or whole day riding sessions or even over a couple of days. I guess the main problem for you might be that if you are visiting alone you would need to hook-up with local riders in order to go riding for the whole day. What you can do is: 1) post on the forum in www.wakeboard.com.sg site and look for riders 2) email the wakeboard operators and let them know your schedule and that you would like to join a group riding if they happen to have one.
If you know exactly when you will be in Singapore, you can arrange all this beforehand.
some of the wakeboard operators that I have ridden with are:

Launch wakeboard school
http://wakeboard.com.sg/launch2002/

Wake Dynamics
www.wakedynamics.com

William Watersports
www.williamwatersports.com.sg

Kallang's Wakeboard Centre
http://www.extreme.com.sg

The last one at Kallang is quite convenient for single riders. You can book 15 or 30 min sets instead of one or two hours. The dock is right by the river where you ride.

Hope that helps.

Btw, when were you planning to visit?

sylvie
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-04-2003, 10:24 AM Reply   

hi slyvie thanx for the info!!!

im planning to go next year 3rd week of april! im still inviting my friends to go with me! but i think they wont!
Old    norcal_99            09-05-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
I'm not sure about places in Singapore, but I've wakeboarded in Repulse Bay in Hong Kong a few years ago.
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-06-2003, 1:52 PM Reply   

hi slyvie!!!

anything you can do at night in the camps?
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-07-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
hi slyvie!!!

anything you can do at night in the camps?
Old    ranma            09-08-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
hi Bryen,

Within Singapore waters itself, we don't really get wakeboarding camps in the sense of the camps you get in the US (ie like TWC, The Projects, etc. where accomodation and food is provided). The reason for that is probably because Singapore is such a small island that it only takes 20-30 mins to get downtown from where you would be wakeboarding, so everyone just goes home at the end of a day of riding. You could always go back the next day for more riding.

The only kind of arrangement that's like TWC that I can think of is when some boat operator organizes an overnight or weekend-long trip to Sebana - which is in Malaysia. From Singapore, you would take a 45min ferry there. Sebana is actually a resort-like place right on the water, with a lot of good riding spots in the surronding channels. For those kinds of trips, you might want to stay over a few nites. You would have to hook up with a few people to do it together or wait for an opportunity when one of the singaporean wakeboarding operators organizes a trip there. There isnt much to do at nite in Sebana resort though. People usually go to a nearby town for a seafood dinner then stay up late drinking and playing drinking games.

Not sure if i've answered your question. one other thing, in singapore itself there are lots to do at nite, especially on weekends. Places to check out would be Zouk, Centro, Mohammed Sultan Road (a whole string of bars/pubs along that road). During the weekdays there is probably some pub somewhere with ladies nite - i think wed or thu nites are popular. There are also often internationally known DJs swinging by here so if you're lucky could catch some excellent music.

sylvie
Old    ranma            09-08-2003, 8:35 PM Reply   
Here's an example of the kind of weekend-long "camps" that happen around here. I actually have not idea where Pulau Serimbun is but i think it is within Singapore itself. This sort of events gets organized once in a while - just have to watch out for it at www.wakeboard.com.sg.

http://www.wakeboard.com.sg/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=372&s=272a06427faaa746e2c15 ba7702185a5
Old     (qtybry)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-10-2003, 1:48 PM Reply   

thanx a lot for the info!!!