Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2007, 10:53 AM Reply   
Gonna head out this weekend try some roll to blinds.
I have a huge backroll and wanna try taking it to blind now.
Any tips would be great,
Thanks
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-27-2007, 7:07 PM Reply   
Practice landing blind first.
Old    alanp            07-27-2007, 8:53 PM Reply   
not trying to be an ass scott by im assuming anyone asking for tips on the roll to blind can probably land blind without problems.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-27-2007, 9:38 PM Reply   
Thanks Alan.
And yes I can land blind already.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-31-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
Kev, are you trying these w/ or w/o handle pass?

-Steve
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-31-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
Tried this weekend at the river with the handle
pass, and came kinda close.
Got the backside rotation initiated at the top of my roll.
I think that was the right time, cause I got the rotation started good and rotated backside nicely, just missed the handle pass for the landing.
I am feeling pretty good about these.
Any info from someone who has stompted these before would be great.

Is it really a roll to blind if I handle pass?
Or is that cheating?

(Message edited by big_x-star on July 31, 2007)
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       07-31-2007, 3:33 PM Reply   
IIRC on your backrolls you tend to let go with one hand and kind of take them out the back. It's gonna be pretty hard to take it to blind if you're going about it this way, you're better off trying to take it to revert IMO. If you're set on learning to blind, I suggest doing several backrolls with both hands on the handle before the roll2blind attempts. This will have you in much better body position for the backside spin and you'll have both hands to pull the handle with. Hope this helps, when are we riding again?

-Steve
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-31-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
The one handed thing I got a good handle on them now to hold on with two hands( pun intended).
Made a big difference when trying to take it to the blind position.
I dont like R2R's I tried several of them and just
didnt feel natural.
I like the feel of pulling on the handle as compared to letting go with one to go to revert.
Just me...
As far as riding.. Sunday???
Old    alanp            07-31-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
kevin do you ever ride at martinez??(yuma) if so hit me up sometime.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-31-2007, 7:27 PM Reply   
Fo sure.. We were just there this last weekend.
We ride in Ferguson when we are there to ride.
Old     (fsbiii)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-31-2007, 7:53 PM Reply   
I just learned a R2B last week and I had trouble getting the handle at first also because I was trying to throw too far away from the boat for the blind 180 which made the handle get way too far away to grab, try throwing you're front shoulder toward the nose of you're board I know it sounds wierd, but it helped me alot. Also I like to take a pretty mello, crouched approach on these and I try to think about going as straight up as possible. It has worked so far however I did get slammed pretty bad a few times before I started landing any.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-23-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
I was really uncomfortable with doing a backroll to blind for a long time. When going from a regular back roll to trying to take it to revert I think there is a tendancy to over rotate. I started putting a little less cut into my roll to revert and I am landing them much smoother now. As far as the R2B goes, I haven't gotten it yet. Would you say that you cut less or more then you do on a backroll, for a R2B? I land on my board all the time on this trick, but I still can't ride away!!?
Old     (bakenwake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-19-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
this tric is easy just do the same thing u do on the tramp only keep the handle in really close on takeoff
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       06-18-2008, 8:55 AM Reply   
I am currently working on the Roll to Blind and seem to have my board land out a little behind me slipping out on my heels. (some people call this looping out I think) I actually over rotate it and over spin it sometimes. I have slowed them down now and look like I am gonna land it but case the wake coming down. Any suggestions? I am trying to land wrapped instead of passing the handle.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-09-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Its easier if you use a mexican roll instead of the regular roll. You don't have to have a long approach either, just a nice mellow, short approach will work. Once your upside down and starting to level off, look over your back shoulder and start the BS spin by pulling on the handle. It will also help to look at the shore once your upright. Make sure to tattoo the handle to your lower back, and either pass the handle right away, or ride away wrapped, then pass. Good luck.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-10-2008, 6:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the response on this. I am currently doing all of those things and getting on my board consistantly but seem to "loop out" everytime.
Byerly said he used to slide out on his heels everytime on the Pete Rose which is why he named it that (looked like sliding into a base). How do you stop the slide on your heels? part of that is due to the board being just slightly out behind me when I land.... I think....
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-10-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
try grabbing indy and landing with your knees bent. that should put you over your toes.
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-10-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
Grabbing it should help get you on your toes. One thing that might help as well is once you pass the handle pull it pretty hard, and try to keep it in close, almost in your back pocket, just like you would on your BS 180.
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2008, 6:49 PM Reply   
http://www.thebookdvd.com/media/vidclips.htm#

That's a pretty good instructional.