Wake 101
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-01-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
My buddy’s first attempt at an invert didn’t look too bad on video. Then we pulled out a couple stills and noticed that his head went UNDER WATER at the start. So far we have been abusing him by calling it a “submarine flip” or a “scuba flip”. Anyone got any better (more abusive) names for this trick, assuming he can ever land it (which seems unlikely).

10 second Video on YouTube:

Here are the stills:
Attached Images
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-01-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
that is pretty funny.

what is that pole in the video... i can only guess it is one of those things that connects a cammera on a swivel to the rope to make the camera follow the rider.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       12-01-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
You could call it the "I don't know what I'm doing, but do like to make my body hurt roll".

There is nothing better than giving your buddies $#!T afterwards for their behind the boat silliness.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-01-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Give the guy a break - can't you see he is thirsty?
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-01-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
and I thought I released early on my backrolls.... lol
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-15-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Friend just suggested calling it a Sushi Roll. Doesn't count unless you have to pick some fish out of your teeth afterwards. . . .
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-15-2010, 3:22 PM Reply   
i suggest calling it a crash.
Old    sperbet            12-15-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
My friend has had a few similar attempts at inverts throughout the years. We've dubbed his "the Scalper"
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       12-15-2010, 10:57 PM Reply   
Old     (trio)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-17-2010, 6:43 PM Reply   
Tell him it's named "The Waterpik" but you can really say " The What a prick" if you want to be more abusive!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-17-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
it's called the rinse and spin.
Old    mojo            12-17-2010, 8:14 PM Reply   
i've got a great name for it, shi!!y backroll
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       12-21-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   

1. "Should I be able to clear the wake before trying these?"
2. "The Haircut"
3. "Duck Fart"


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:19 PM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home


© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us