Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 27, 2008

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2008, 3:40 PM Reply   
It's been in the 60's here in Tri-Cities, Washington the past few days! I'm itchin to get out on the water!!!! ALMOST!! For those of you still in the "winter scene" how much longer till it's warm enough to pull that boat out of storage?
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-09-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
man its gettin there. up in good ol green bay wisconsin...the mourning for Favre's retirement is almost over, people are starting to get back to work, and they now have boxes of tissues back in stores. With that said, lol were lookin' at about a month left before we hit the water. We'll probably still have some snow on the ground, and the water's prolly gonna be sub 40 degrees since its just been FRIGID here the last few weeks, and prolly wont change, but i'd say were T-Minus one month. OHHH BABY!
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-09-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
Jamie,

How's it going? Hope the foot has healed up!! I think we might be hitting the water next weekend for the first time, if we can find a lake that's not frozen!! Didn't you take a trip to Florida, if so how was it?

Talk to you later,
Jason
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-09-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
sorry to tell you guys this but on friday i was boarding in board shorts and a wet suit upper body top thing. it was still a little cold but we dealt with it. it was 59 in the water and the air temp was 70. all in all it was a good day and good to know that warm temps aren't too far away.
Old     (da_kamp)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-09-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
12 days till we take our boat out !!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
80 today...82 tomorrow ....I ride again Tues... Sweet!!!!Water is still very cold and hard and worthy of a Chamber. Faceplanted last week and ended up with a big shiner.
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2008, 11:06 PM Reply   
Jason, yep I did take my trip to Florida and absolutely loved it!!!! I took my board and went to the cable park in Deerfield beach. It was awesome! I was sore for about a week after that though.

My foot is completely healed so that shouldn't be a problem anymore! Though I can't say the same for my shoulder. I get my MRI results back this Thursday to find out why thats been bothering me for the past year and a half. The diognosis is something softball related and the labrum. lol but other than that, I'm healthy!!!
Old     (dkmode34)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-09-2008, 11:08 PM Reply   
ben

dont worry we were crying here in texas too! Worst day of my life!
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-09-2008, 11:38 PM Reply   
Ah you guys. Never too cold to ride in SoCal.

Nice to be thinking about the sunblock again here though. Kind of forgot that last weekend, and paid for it....
Old     (dnp33)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2008, 8:12 PM Reply   
lol the snows been melting for almost 2 weeks around here its making me crazy. the bad part is i know i still wont be riding till may or maybe even june!
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       03-10-2008, 8:54 PM Reply   
I checked a couple of the small lakes in the Spokane area yesterday. There was a little open water, but we still have a little ways to go...I hope by the weekend!
Old     (highdyner)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-11-2008, 5:24 AM Reply   
I pulled the cover off for the first time last weekend - to make the spring list - my insurance kicks in April 1, and I'll be ready! Though still in a dry suit no-doubt.....

Adam
Bristol, RI
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-11-2008, 11:18 AM Reply   
jamie - in colorado, most people i know will probably start riding in april (with drysuits or wetsuits ... unless you're shane k, who is either the toughest guy alive or the most retarded, depending how you look at it). good thing about being here is that until mid- to late june, i can ski or snowboard half a day and wakeboard the other half! life is good!
Old     (blind)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-11-2008, 1:01 PM Reply   
retarded would be correct
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-11-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
If it's halfway nice Easter weekend Kylie, I'm going.
Old     (hayes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-11-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Going out this weekend! It is supposed to be in the low 70's on Saturday.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Looking to get out at the end of April here in Michigan! Good to finally see some forecasts in the 40's and 50's!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-12-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
Already that time of year at the delta boys! Life's good in northern cali.

Sunday:
Upload