Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2009

Old     (markbu247)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-03-2009, 9:38 PM Reply   
After being a loyal fan of cwb for the past few years, I have rode the marius since its first release date. After riding the Hyperlite Marek i compare the CWB MARIUS to a giant log with bindings on it. The Hyperlite Marek holds its edge harder, faster, pops higher and lands softer then the marius could ever dream of. I now feel kind of cheated on life for sticking to that board for so long. Riders test out the Marek and prepare for the ride of your life...
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2009, 9:43 PM Reply   
Nice first post.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-03-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
Transcend..try it out sometime.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-03-2009, 9:44 PM Reply   
You do know you are comparing two boards that are completely different in just about every category that matters. I'd say besides both being wakeboards, the only similarities they share in design is fiberglass and foam. You should have demoed and tried the new Marius shape, its much better than the original.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-03-2009, 10:09 PM Reply   
I agree with Mark, should have tried the CWB Transcend. :-)
Old     (markbu247)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-03-2009, 10:26 PM Reply   
I have not been on this site for a few years now, but was so juiced after i rode the marek and picked one up i wanted to share my thoughts. I am very reserve, but after riding the marek I wanted to share my opinion. So now this is my seconed post,lol...
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-03-2009, 10:36 PM Reply   
he's stoked on his new board and you guys are trying to get him to try another board? nice.
Old     (markbu247)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-03-2009, 10:53 PM Reply   
Thanks Joe, I think its funny... I always look around on wakeworld just to see whats going on in the community, and I knew that someone would start trashing me because i had to create a new account...But bottom line i have tried all of CWB's boards,and Big Heavy u r right.I cant compare the two. However if CWB made a board that could compete with the Marek, we could compare apples to apples.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
actually Heavy, it is only similar in the fact that it has fiberglass. the Marek isnt foam, its a composite pvc material
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-04-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Indeed, the infamous Nova Core. What exactly is a composite PVC? It's a plastic based material right? Is it a solid piece or is it foam like? Exotic cores are cool.

I guess they share fiberglass and steel inserts.

Mark, thats cool man. Glad you like your ride. I guess different strokes for different folks. Personally, I didn't like the Marek, but then again I'm not a big fan of the Marius either, so there ya go. We all just gotta find something that works for us.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-04-2009, 10:21 AM Reply   
The nova is a closed cell pvc foam block that is milled to spec on a machine. Then wrapped with the glass
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2009, 2:26 PM Reply   
i am not trying to sound sarcastic here, but that sounds complicated. is that the reason for the price? btw, ive had my Marek for over 1 year and love it!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2009, 3:11 PM Reply   
That's awesome that the Marek works well for you. I know another guy selling one because he thinks it's the worst board ever. MY point is that you'll find fans and haters of every board out there. Different boards work for different people.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2009, 3:12 PM Reply   

quote:

I know another guy selling one because he thinks it's the worst board ever.

must be a cwb rider.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-04-2009, 3:34 PM Reply   
If he bought a Marek, could he really be a CWB rider, Joe? You suspect I'm not telling the whole story and that hurts deeply
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-04-2009, 3:38 PM Reply   
Maybe he was once a cwb rider but converted after riding the Marek? Thats what it sounds like to me.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2009, 4:16 PM Reply   
kinda reminds me of chevy vs ford when i was a kid...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-04-2009, 4:31 PM Reply   
Nah.... He was a Monarch rider, but kept breaking them, so he decided to try a Marek which he decided was the worst board ever made. He's now on a Marius.....

See, different strokes for different folks. If I've said it once, I'll say it a million times: if you're a good rider it doesn't matter what you ride. You'll kill it on a piece of plywood.

Mark, glad you like your Marek, but you'll probably hurt a lot of guys feelings that love the Marius.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-04-2009, 4:32 PM Reply   
I know this person and he created a new account to let everyone know his thoughts about the board. He still has a lot of love for all the CWB peeps and didn't want to upset anyone by his new love for the Marek.

It is his opinion and you guys shouldn't flame him for that. Maybe you should try and get out on a new board to see how you like it!

By the way the Marek IS the sickest board out!
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2009, 5:12 PM Reply   
yup, chevy vs ford....malibu vs mastercraft...hyperlite vy cwb. when will it end....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-04-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
when there's only one brand of everything.
Old     (michaelspsp)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-04-2009, 6:47 PM Reply   
so true.....
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-05-2009, 6:30 AM Reply   
I have been wanting to try out the Marek since it came out in may! Sounds like a sick board, a lot different from what I ride (Witness 40), but it would be sweet to check out a Marek 41.

Congrats on finding the board you love Mark. I went through the pain of buying a selling boards until I found one I really loved (Covin 33, Watson 34 (borrowed), DHV1 37, and now my witness 40).
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-05-2009, 7:25 AM Reply   
My feelings are hurt deeply. The Marius is the best board ever! Whaaaaa!!
Seriously, different strokes... happy it works for you though.
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       06-12-2009, 12:53 PM Reply   
Marius all day!
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2009, 9:39 PM Reply   
I love my Marius. How dare you!
Old     (jacob23)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-17-2009, 9:32 PM Reply   
marek heard its hella good