Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (rabbit)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-19-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I'm kinda of new to wakeboarding and I'm looking for a new board but I'm not sure what to get or where to get it. I live in Anacortes and Bellingham and have gone to Bellingham Board Sports before, but when I drove up there today I found out they where out of buisness. So I'm wondering what other shops are around that are good and might let you demo some boards?
Old     (anodyne)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2006, 12:09 AM Reply   
OUT OF BUSINESS?! What a GYP!! That was one of the only things that kept me alive when I was up at Western...
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-20-2006, 8:47 AM Reply   
Wiley's in the South Park region of Seattle, they have been around forever give them a try, the guys there are pretty cool too.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-20-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Grizzly Sports in Mill Creek will let you. Tell them Laci sent you, they will take care of you.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-20-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
I think Hidden Wave carries wake stuff. My parents live in Anacortes with my brother. I know Hidden Wave is a solid snowboard shop and I was pretty sure they did wake as well.
Old     (goodwin)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2006, 12:15 PM Reply   
I just snagged a Motive 144 from Grizzly Sports, pretty nice shop!
Ski Masters (MB dealer) in Kenmore has a huge proshop.
Mount Vernon has a board shop, it is kinda close to the Big 5 store, but I didn't get a chance to stop in and look around.
Adrenaline Watersports in Bellevue.
Bakes ProShop (Malibu dealer) in Issaquah. Have fun!
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-20-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Use Grizzly Sports in Bothel.
1-866-444-BEAR ask for Mike or RV
THEEEE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE around!
Old     (seadawg)      Join Date: Jan 2006       07-20-2006, 5:20 PM Reply   
Another vote for Grizzly, especially if you're on the north end. I've dealt with RV and he's good people.

Also Ski Mart in Bellevue is now selling boards and bindings on a wholesale basis. I just bought a 2005 Hyperlite Era 142 for a good price.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-20-2006, 5:51 PM Reply   
I second Wiley's. "If they don't have it, you don't need it."
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-20-2006, 7:30 PM Reply   
Check out Grizzly Sports and talk to RV. Here is their website www.grizzly-sports.com
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-20-2006, 7:35 PM Reply   
How come no one ever talks about adrenaline anymore? Is Mike Bell still around?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-20-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
Adrenaline is still alive and kicking and a sponsor on wakeworld. I didn't suggest any others than Grizzly because I don't know about demoing boards at those stores.

Everyone has mentioned all the shops except for Cope's...which is Boarder's Paradise who is also a wakeworld sponsor...again though no idea about demo policy tehre.

Back before I found Grizzly's I went to Bakes and they said I would have to lay down a deposit basically commit to buying A board from them. Grizzly's didn't make me do it, that is why I went there.

(Message edited by tcluv85 on July 20, 2006)
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-20-2006, 9:40 PM Reply   
Boarderline in Bellevue also sells boards and stuff. They are the snowboard shop attached to Sturtevant's.
Old     (rabbit)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-21-2006, 10:45 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the responses everyone, I think I will check out some of the shops this weekend.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-22-2006, 12:23 PM Reply   
Cope's has a demo program you just have to commit to buying a new board from us.
Matt, we have to shops one in woodinville and the other in renton. Both have a good selection of boards, bindings, etc.
Hope you can make it down.