Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-09-2008, 11:06 AM Reply   
What would you guys do? I had a 07 Liquid force watson that started to delam at one end. The board is ridden pretty gently and never hit any sliders or anything else for that matter. I wrote liquid force about the problem and they said it was out of warranty and would be hard to repair but offered that I could order a new one off of a proform or maybe another item that I would want. I did my best to epoxy the board and decided on ordering a wakesurfer off of the proform. I went with a venture 5'0" BLEM for about $185. When it arrived it was pretty different than the one they currently have advertised on their website.

One I got
Upload

One on their website
Upload

I wrote liqiud force about it and here is the correspondence.

I did not ship the board my friend

It is shipped from Washington and I am in San Diego

I have no idea what the final product looks like as Jimmy Redmon can change the shape of any board at any time

He is our head shaper and is in charge of production

Thanks,

MikeZimmerman
EAST COAST SALES
LIQUID FORCE WAKEBOARDS
SL WATERSPORTS
(760) 943-8364 ext.303 / Fax (425) 895-5891
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:24 AM
To: Zimmerman, Mike
Subject: RE: 07 Watson

Mike,

You did do a me a favor by hooking me up with a proform and for that I am grateful. I think that you have done a great job trying to make amends for a 1.5 year old liquid force that started to delam. The price of the surfboard was definitely nice but is was still a sufficient amount that liquid force isn’t losing money on selling me one at that price. If they are is surely isn’t more than a few bucks. Once again I know that you didn’t know that I would be receiving a board that wasn’t what I ordered. The only problem I had is that it was assumed that I would have no problem accepting it and should still be just as happy.

Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 11:15 AM
To: Brenner, Jeremiah

I did you a favor by hooking you up with a pro form

You can send the board back I have no problem issuing you an RA

Thanks,

MikeZimmerman
EAST COAST SALES
LIQUID FORCE WAKEBOARDS
SL WATERSPORTS
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 9:50 PM
Cc: Brenner, Jeremiah

Sorry it took so long to get back to you I have been out of town on an aircraft incident. I find your response a little unacceptable. I ordered a board that I thought was a certain thing and it arrived completely different. The shape change isn’t minor it’s pretty major. The board on your website has four fins three and one end and one at the other. The board that I received only has three fins at one end and is a much more traditional shape. If I wanted a traditionally shaped board I would have got a custom or something similar. The board that I thought I would be receiving had a more two-directional shape. You may not have see the new board so I am attaching a photo of it that I found on the web after searching for a while( I am at work). Took me a while to find one though so apparently everyone else selling liquid force ventures still has the style that is on your website. ]

Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 10:14 AM
To: Brenner, Jeremiah

This is the first I have heard of this

My assumption would be that Jimmy Redmon changed the mold of the board sometime in production this current year.

Your new shape is not a bad thing. Jimmy knows his surfboards really well and by seeing the guy surf the change in the mold can only be an improvement

Thanks,

MikeZimmerman
EAST COAST SALES
LIQUID FORCE WAKEBOARDS
SL WATERSPORTS
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 10:56 PM

Hey Mike,

Got the board last night and while I was glad to see that it arrived I was a little dissapointed when I opened it. While the graphics and color are the same the board is nothing similar to what you have listed as the 08 Venture 5'0" board on your website. The one on your website is flat at the tip and has a single fin there as well. This one is round like the venture 5'6". It is still orange in color and the graphics basically match it just wasn't what I was wanting in shape. I realize it was a blem but I was under the impression that a blem wouldn't be a completely different board.
Please advise.

Jeremiah Brenner
MD80 Systems Engineer
American Airlines