Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tmb80)      Join Date: May 2010       08-23-2014, 8:25 PM Reply   
I'm sick to my stomach. Went out go go surfing today and realized both of my boards were taken out if my boat. Yeah I probably shouldn't have left them in the just but I live on the lake, boat is on a lift with canopy, and there haven't been any issues with theft. They got my IS black pearl and IS blue lake. I loved the black pearl for skin style and I had been using the blue lake for newbies as well as taking kids out surfing in the board with me. I had my 3 yr old on the board for the first time last weekend. So pissed!
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-23-2014, 10:37 PM Reply   
F thieves. Hopefully not common where you live (the boards) and you can spot them
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-24-2014, 5:39 AM Reply   
What lake are you on? When we vacation we leave the boards in the racks. We have never had a problem but I often think about it.
Back home I keep my boat in the water with all my board stowed away. It is a big marina with lots of fishing boats. I figure if I was going to steel something it would be the thousands of dollars in fishing poles hanging or even a trolling motor. Hell you could float in and steel the whole boat.
What is you deductible on your insurance.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-24-2014, 6:26 AM Reply   
suxs........
Old     (torch318)      Join Date: May 2014       08-24-2014, 6:32 AM Reply   
I'm always worried about that if we stop at a bar and leave the boards in the racks at the dock. I ended up buying a bike cable lock and loop it thru the bindings on the wakeboards and around the tower. Either way it still sucks when people snag you stuff!
Old     (tmb80)      Join Date: May 2010       08-24-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
I live on crooked lake in Angola Indiana. The boards were on the floor of the boat so nobody should have noticed them. Won't make that mistake again. Deductible is $500 so it's not worth turning in as in sure the premium will increase and cost more in the long run.

I planning looking for used boards over the next few months.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-24-2014, 4:36 PM Reply   
Not sure if you have access to them, but most Inland Surfer Boards have serial numbers on them.

Be sure to check Craigslist you wouldn't believe how stupid some of these criminals are.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-24-2014, 6:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat View Post
Not sure if you have access to them, but most Inland Surfer Boards have serial numbers on them.

Be sure to check Craigslist you wouldn't believe how stupid some of these criminals are.

yeah, check craigslist! there's actually a good chance that they're there
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-25-2014, 6:29 AM Reply   
use "search tempest".. it searches all craigslist in the country... Hope you find it..

there's a black pearl on ebay from Lowell, Indiana,

Last edited by Pad1Tai; 08-25-2014 at 6:35 AM.
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       08-25-2014, 6:45 AM Reply   
X2 on the search. Post up some pictures and let the internet help you search as well
Old     (tmb80)      Join Date: May 2010       08-25-2014, 7:23 AM Reply   
UPDATE!

Great news! My neighbor found the black pearl and blue lake in bushes next to his house. They broke a fin and dinged the edge of the blue lake but at least I have them. Unfortunately I realized they also got my back up board Phase 5 Drew. I forgot that I had taken it out for a friend to use.

at least I have 2/3
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-25-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
So they had their own demo day and kept the one they preferred? Pretty messed up to beat up the others though.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-25-2014, 12:04 PM Reply   
thats crazy. at least you got 2 back.

Grew up in a gated lake community. But there's always a few bad apples that f it up for everyone else.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-26-2014, 9:58 AM Reply   
What was the third? I thought it was just the Blue Lake and the Black Pearl that went missing and it looks like you got them both recovered.
Old     (luke22885)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-26-2014, 11:25 AM Reply   
Have a similiar story with a buddys wakeboard a few years back on Koontz Lake in walkerton, IN. Had a really bad storm blow through that pulled my buddys board off the pier and into the lake. By the time he realized it he went out looking all over and couldnt find it. Put posters up at marina and public launch with a picture and got nothing. The next weekend his brother and I were just getting off my boat (my house is about 10 down from his) and there was a guy fishing right by the pier. We asked him if he caught anything talked to him for a second and saw the board and boots taken apart and on his floor. My buddy asks him where he found it, says its his brothers and describes it to the guy saying every sticker that was on it and everything. The guy then proceeds to ask how much money we have to buy it back from him. He acted like he only had $5 so the fisherman took the $5 and gave the board and boots back. Probably would have got himself a little more money as a reward if he didnt ask how much money we had.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-26-2014, 11:36 AM Reply   
^Guys like this make me mad. It's obviously not theirs and belongs to the person looking for it and describing it to the T. Cough it up, you know it's not yours.
A lot of the time if you're nice about it, a lot of people will willingly pay you a finders fee for finding it, but you shouldn't try to extort money out of people to get their own property back.
Old     (tmb80)      Join Date: May 2010       08-26-2014, 5:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
What was the third? I thought it was just the Blue Lake and the Black Pearl that went missing and it looks like you got them both recovered.
I thought that I only had 2 boards in my boat. It wasn't until Sunday when I went to get my old board I kept as back up (phase 5 Drew Danielo) that I realized I had that in a storage net under the canopy. I took it out for a newbie a few weeks ago so they didn't hurt my black pearl.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-26-2014, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmb80 View Post
I thought that I only had 2 boards in my boat. It wasn't until Sunday when I went to get my old board I kept as back up (phase 5 Drew Danielo) that I realized I had that in a storage net under the canopy. I took it out for a newbie a few weeks ago so they didn't hurt my black pearl.
Not to go too far off topic, cargo net? Integrated or an aftermarket add? Sounds like a cool idea
Old     (tmb80)      Join Date: May 2010       08-27-2014, 7:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
Not to go too far off topic, cargo net? Integrated or an aftermarket add? Sounds like a cool idea
Yes it's aftermarket. I think I ordered through Bart's. It's very convenient to clear stuff out if the boat and not throw On the dock