Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    4216sp            03-13-2010, 6:33 AM Reply   
Hi guys and gals, I am looking in buying a new wakesurf. I have presently Phase 5 Prop board and I like very much but I always need the rope to pull me back in. I weight 195 and have a moomba lsv with about 2000lb of ballast. My wife of 105 lb has no problem with this board , but i find it to small for me.. So which boat to would you recommendin the phase 5, Oogle or Drew Danielo Pro ??? What is the major differnce between this boards.. The oogle says it is for up to 210 lb riders and Drew Danielo Pro large model is good for riders up to 230 lb. Which board would be easier to surf and what is the difference between a regular board and a Texalium Pro Glass board.
Old     (BoardCo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-13-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
When looking at the boards you have 4 different options:
1. Oogle Standard
2. Oogle Texalium Pro Glass
3. Drew Danielo Pro Texalium
4. Drew Daneilo Pro Carbon

The Oogle is a larger board than the Drew, however the Drew is a faster and more responsive board. The Texalium Oogle is a stiffer and lighter version and therefore rides higher in the water and generates more push (easier to keep the wave). The Carbon version of the Drew is likewise lighter and stiffer than the Texalium version. Of all the boards, the Carbon Drew will be the fastest and highest performance.

All of the boards wil be easier to keep with the wave than the Prop. I would recommend either the Oogle Texalium or the Carbon Drew of all the options, because you get the most performance out of them. The Carbon Drew is my favorite of the ones mentioned, because you get more performance and rideablilty with less board; the only downside to it is the increased cost.

I hope that helps.

-Mitch@BoardCo
Old    4216sp            03-13-2010, 1:33 PM Reply   
Thanks Mitch...That is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for... Time to shop now.
Old     (desotodave)      Join Date: Mar 2009       03-16-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Both my wife and I have Carbon Drews. I have the large and she has the small. I weigh about 215, and she is 115lbs. They are great boards that you will love. If you want something EXTRA special, I was at my local dealer and they had a shipment of the Carbon Drew boards with WIDE CARBON FIBER. The weave on this is about 1/4 inch wide. If you are inclined to spend the money for the carbon board this one if VERY cool. I have the regular weave board (performance is the same) but I feel some serious envy of the large carbon weave!!!
Supposedly the stock they have are the only ones that Phase 5 made. You can find them at Boardco.com, don't know if they are on their website, or if you need to call to get a picture of them.

!!!!! ADMINISTRATOR. NO I AM NOT THE DEALER, OR PUSHING PRODUCT!!!!!
Old     (surfdoggy)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-18-2010, 6:10 AM Reply   
The Carbon Drew is one of the most frequently ridden boards among our group of 6-10 regular riders, with a total of 7 boards to choose from.
Old    4216sp            03-26-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Will the Danielo Texalium X- Large: 56" x 21.5" be easier to plane because it's wider and bigger ( riders up 230 lb) than the Texalium Pro Glass Oogle (riders up 210lb). They are both made with Texalium Pro Glass. Or does the shape of the Oggle make it easier for a larger rider to plane than the larger Danielo Texalium ??? Thanks again, I do not want to miss my shoot.
Old     (brewkettle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-26-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
go wide for more weight , TEXALIUM does nothing but for looks , save the money and get the standard glass model
Old     (ollies_drew)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-28-2010, 10:35 AM Reply   
Actually the wider Oogle will work against you sometimes. The wider nose is ALOT easier to catch it in the ditch at the bottom of the wave. The texalium is aluminum coated fiberglass which stiffens the fiberglass up abit. We all know that STIFFER = LESS FLEX which = LESS DRAG which = A faster ried. This is why the carbon boards are so fast. There is no flex. Hope this helped without stepping over teh boundary of rider talking about there sponsors product.