Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-16-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
How is the Hyperlite Welcome video?
how would you rate it? 1-10
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-16-2004, 10:08 AM Reply   
it is really good
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   

The overall editing sucked ass. I'm no expert in editing, but watching it...damn! It gave me a headache! I think the editors were goin' for the "cool" look. They need to watch Mayday...simple, but awesome filming, editing, music...all around awesome!
Old    sbvfive            05-16-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
I am with Joe, I'd give it like a 2. The editing was horrible, the soundtrack was decent at best, and each rider had like 2 full actual real tricks in their sections that weren't cut up and destroyed by some artsy editing. Other than that it was chad sharpe trying to lock people in the port-o-potty.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-16-2004, 11:38 AM Reply   
I loved it because the music flowed and it showed alot of extra stuff on and around the water that the hyperlite crew did. But... everyone else I know hated it. There is nothing new in it from any of the riders except Parks destroying that big ass slider, but then Parks destroying something isn't really new. Don't buy it if your looking for new riding, only if you like the team and want to watch them showcase natural talent.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-16-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
I'd give the editing an 8, soundtrack a 7, riding a 6. It's more of a lifestyle video than a riding video, but I really enjoyed it.
Old    walt            05-16-2004, 12:36 PM Reply   
I would give it a three. I just checked out the Wake TV #14 video and really liked it
Old    draino            05-16-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
We've seen Mayday
Old    hoochieman89            05-16-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
i give editing a 6, soundtrack a 9, and riding 6. Brian Grubb's, Danny Harf's, and Erik Ruck's sections were tight but it showed way to much pointless crap like Scott Byerly riding a bike and a bunch of Softball. I liked F4A way more.
Old    lachlantait            05-17-2004, 1:45 AM Reply   
not bad, i liked it but for 50 bucks? music is different to say the least but enjoyable.
funny funny inbetweens murray's singing chads english (C.A..ANADA) aswell as the dunny stunt
Old    leftcoastpunk            05-17-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
I would give it a 2. Like was said above, too much worthless crap. Also too many sliders, almost the whole movie is sliders, sliders are cool to see once or twice in a segment, but not for an entire segment. I would spent your money and buy an older movie, Mayday, Free 4 All, Monkey on a string, shaft. I think the riding back then was more pure.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
I thought the editing was great (8). Content was lacking (4). Way too many sliders, softball, go carts, shaun murray playing guitar... It was funny for a second, but then I was looking for my remote control to fast forward. Wakeboarding videos should be about WAKE boardind.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       05-17-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
wake boardind must be something new...haha. Teasing..

Everyone, save your pennies and buy the byerly movie, the flf dvd, and the gravity dvd. You won't be disappointed with the last two, and I've heard really good things about the byerly film...something about "learning about your roots."
Old    jakeman            05-17-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
"All or Nothing" still the best =IMO
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-18-2004, 1:11 AM Reply   
5. I follow Bill. It is more lifestile than riding. "Free 4 All" is still no. 1. Look at Shane's section. He is so cool and laid back. And the music in the entire movie is great. "Swollen members" and "Abstract rude" just rules. Watch it. I gave it 10
Old     (wakebo2169)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-18-2004, 8:22 AM Reply   
Welcome is a 3....the only good riding section in my opinion is danny harfs and the only really good song is the M. Ward "outta my head" from Murray's section. That said, you guys have interesting tastes in video (i.e. free 4 all---I think Bame tries wayyyyyy to hard to make his videos "cooL"). I think Sfumato blows every recent video out of the water in terms of rider progression and quality editing. I know wakeskating isn't that accepted on this site but the video is great. Best wakeboard movie i can think of recently is running with scissors circa 2002.

(Message edited by wakebo2169 on May 18, 2004)
Old    hoochieman89            05-18-2004, 1:43 PM Reply   
Dude r u kiddin? Shane's section in F4A wasn't too hott. He doesn't do any inverts and no 7's I mean come on.
Old    alanp            05-18-2004, 7:57 PM Reply   
this video sucks. riding isnt very inspirational and they tool around the same lake which gets really old, really fast. i didnt find the non riding parts very entertaining either. im no techy so i cant speak for editing and filming.
id get either metronome or running w/ scissors.good videos.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2004, 11:42 PM Reply   
Hunter, so if a rider doesn't do any inverts or 7's, his/her section sucks? Shane's not in my Top 5 of favorite riders, but you gotta admit, he has a lot of style, w/ tweaked grabs and grabbed spins.