Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfsupreme)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-08-2011, 11:39 AM Reply   
Hey all, just looking at purchasing an island surfer sweet spot and wondering if anyone has any advise yeah or neah. I have been riding for two years and been riding a Liquid force venture 5'6 and want to move into something better. We have a 2007 supreme v208 and have a decent wave not hugely long though. I am 6"0 and about 180lbs. I would call myself a good beginner can ride free no problems and have starting trying some tricks, but i think the board is a little limiting.

We are looking at purchasing a board that is more aggressive and able to start doing some tricks.

Feel free to bash the board or give it koodoo's. Ahhh one other thing is i am able to get a pretty good deal on one as a buddy owns a shop that has one left from 2010 and gonna give it to me for $400.

But if i am gonna get a new board i want something that I can ride for a long time and i would rather get something good rather than just get a good deal.

Thanks in advance,

Fyr
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-08-2011, 3:55 PM Reply   
Rob its a great board, I really like mine. If you get it, get a pair of the Inland Surfer "Big Boy" fins and itll make the board that much better. The only complaint about the board is that it can be easy to pearl (nose dive) The trick that many of us have learned on that is to keep your front foot just barely infront of the IS logo in the middle. That seems like a fair price for that board, I dont think you'll be dissapointed in anyway!
Old     (islander033)      Join Date: May 2008       05-08-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramat View Post
Rob its a great board, I really like mine. If you get it, get a pair of the Inland Surfer "Big Boy" fins and itll make the board that much better. The only complaint about the board is that it can be easy to pearl (nose dive) The trick that many of us have learned on that is to keep your front foot just barely infront of the IS logo in the middle. That seems like a fair price for that board, I dont think you'll be dissapointed in anyway!
X2