Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nwryder84)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-23-2010, 8:20 AM Reply   
friend has a 94 correct craft ski nautique that he picked up a couple years ago. There have been no engine or mechanical problems until recently. When you get on the throttle under torque the boat bogs down and power will fluctuate in and out. It seemed like a fuel line issue, so he replaced the fuel filter and cleared the lines. worked a couple times then was back to the same issue. In neutral there is not problems, only when you put the boat in gear. Only time i experienced this was when the strainer was clogged which causes the boat to automatically kick back it's power, but it was clear as well. Any ideas from fellow boat owners who have experienced something similar?
Old     (bremsen)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-23-2010, 9:16 AM Reply   
Is it a carbed boat? If so, check the inlet screen on the carb. Mine was clogged and caused similar issues. Would run fine in neutral but bog and sputter at about 2500rpm under load. I actually had to clean it twice last season, guessing its caused from the increase in ethanol gas.
Old     (nwryder84)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-23-2010, 10:39 AM Reply   
the boat is fuel injected, sorry i should have posted that previously. Thanks for the reply though. The problem is just like you said, I have seen that problem with older malibus, but i'm baffled because it must be something electrical or something simple we don't realize?
Old    alanp            06-23-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
fuel filter
Old    alanp            06-23-2010, 1:49 PM Reply   
oops sorry. didnt read the whole thread. on the drivers side fuel rail there is a little silver bowl type thing that has a tude extending from the top of it. replace that(sorry i cant remember what it is called). mine clogged up(very similar symptoms) i replaced it and it was fine.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-23-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
I would check the fuel pressure On the fuel rail. Check the cap and rotor to.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2010, 2:31 PM Reply   
Seems like everyone is pretty quick to call this a fuel problem. When was the last time the boat had a tune up?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       06-23-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
hmmm, 1994. I believe it could have had one of 4 different motors. GT40, ProBoss, ProSki, or throttle body injected motor (I believe the most common). This is also the vintage where we had some problematic protec ignition systems. If you determine it to be ignition there is a conversion kit on skidim to eliminate the protec. Once the coil packs go it's difficult to fine replacements.
Old     (j3t_m3ch)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-24-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
I had the same problem with my boat a couple years ago and it ended up being spark plugs. We did alot of troubleshooting of the fuel system thinking that was the problem but after pulling the plugs a couple of them were done.....replaced them and ran like a champ. Its very similar too as it ran great in neutral but once in gear it was boggy. good luck man and let us know what fixes it!