Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-25-2010, 4:07 PM Reply   
What software do you use to make all your movies?

What program do you use for the special effects?
Old     (dj_jiggler)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-31-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
i use Sony Vegas pro, and i am playing with adobe after effects, but after effects is like what a lot of big time pros use!
Old     (peterc4)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2010, 11:43 PM Reply   
Sony Vegas Pro is great and pretty easy to use.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-15-2010, 6:16 AM Reply   
I use Adobe Premier
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-15-2010, 6:22 AM Reply   
Chalk me up for Adobe Production Premium too.
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       06-15-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Final Cut Pro or iMovie 09... iMovie 09 is hard to beat for throwing together something quick.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
I use Vegas Pro with After effects to supplement it. Well, sorta, I'm teaching myself after effects here so that I can make some cooler transitions and better titles...
Old     (rfmediagroup)      Join Date: May 2010       06-15-2010, 5:19 PM Reply   
Final cut pro for basic editing, after effects for any special effects, cinema tools for conforming, and apple color for color grading!
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-16-2010, 2:03 AM Reply   
Both Global Warning & The Chick Flick were cut using Premiere Pro (PPRO) and After Effects (AE).
We also used Mocha in GW for tracking.
Old     (mikel_j)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-17-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
You gotta love some Mocha for tracking!

Syntheyes is also in my fav 5
Old     (cali_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-17-2010, 5:56 PM Reply   

I keep it old school.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-18-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Literally cut and paste...nice!
Old     (Anubis79)      Join Date: May 2010       06-20-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Sony Vegas for video
Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator for graphics and effects
Adobe Encore for DVD
Old     (bradlovellphotography)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-21-2010, 9:06 PM Reply   
I've actually been shooting a little HD video with my Mark II lately and playing around with editing in iMovie. I probably won't be doing much since I do more stills work. Just a question though, is there a certain way I need to export my movie from iMovie so I can burn it on a DVD and watch it on the TV? I exported one tonight and then burned it to a disc and the DVD player said it couldn't read it. I'm guessing since it's a .mov file.
Old     (Anubis79)      Join Date: May 2010       06-21-2010, 11:59 PM Reply   
Brad: yes, you will have to make it DVD compatible. Movie DVDs aren't as simple as just burning a file and tossing it in the player. You'll need DVD authoring software which conforms the files to DVD spec. Most programs should auto-convert the file to the correct format, but some may not. When I do mine, I always export from the editor at the least compressed file type, which is generally Uncompressed AVI. It's a huge file so it's only good if you have the space. You could export to DVD-spec MPEG-2 to skip a step, but you might have to do some guess work on what settings to use. The next problem is that you're working with HD you say, which is not DVD-spec. You'll lose the HD by going to a straight DVD. To keep the HD you'll have to create something in a format called AVCHD. It allows you to put HD video on a DVD and play it in a Blu-ray player. AVCHD discs won't work in a standard DVD player. If you want to maximize the potential, you'll likely have to downsize to DVD-spec so you can play it on DVD players. A whole other can of worms is opened when you start worrying about aspect ratio and the 16x9 format of HD and 4x3 of standard.
Old     (bradlovellphotography)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-22-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
I appreciate the feedback. I figured I'd have to convert somehow. I used to use a program when I was working with Windows to do this but it's been a while since I've messed with some video work. You recommend any software to help me covert after I export?
Old     (Anubis79)      Join Date: May 2010       06-22-2010, 9:40 AM Reply   
I use Adobe Encore because it integrates with Photoshop and After Effects. Since you mentioned iMovie, I'd say take a look at iDVD. I'm not in the know with MAC software but when I was looking up some things I saw you can export directly from iMovie to iDVD. It would probably be the easiest solution, removing a few steps and also stopping you from learning a completely new program as I'd assume the layouts of all the i-video programs would be similar.