Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-09-2008, 10:28 PM Reply   
Sorry, don't have any pictures... it was far to busy to get any quality photos without seeing a bunch of tire kickers climbing in and out of every nice boat!

As usual... MC had all the bling going on. Boats up on lifts... LED light displays... Metal flake every where! Nice boats... lots of bling!

SAN - not much has changed, just edgier graphics.

Malibu - lots of bling and lots of electronics... always drawing a crowd.

Supra - I like the new graphics.

Centurian - Can't believe that not more first time buyers dont jump all over the Falcon V $39k boat show special. What a price!

Supreme... via Olympic Boat Center... As a V220 owner.. I was disappointed to see the finish on the V212... nice seating layout etc... but they should have re-made the deck so the seating was all part of the deck... instead they have just made boxes for seat bases on the side seats. Also... a Centurian PerfectPass display... hahahah... Why would you put that one on display in a boat show.

Some big surprises...

Svfara was down on the main floor with their new SV3.. NO not the one in the Boat Review Magazine with the Red and Black Scorpion decal... but a very classy white with taupe and black accents... so much thought went into this boat.. you have to see to believe... and I have to say STILL... the nicest fit and finish in the industry... climb in and out of every boat and then take a look at the Svfara... the boat is finished like a fine German Automobile... and the vinyls.. are the closest thing to leather... WOW... one of my favs!!!

WakeCraft made is debut at the boat show... a small booth on the concourse... but had a beautiful display... and the boat... wow... the carbon fiber accents (real carbon fiber... not decals...) layed right into the hull... and the motorized engine hatch... when it is opened to the max... the fact you can access all sides of the engine easily... is sure handy!!! They also had some drawings for a new 23 footer... seating like the Tige RZ4/MC X-Star... but without the picklefork....

Tige booth... had the 20V.. 22i Type R (One of my all time fav boats) It is just so practical!!! But being a direct drive it doesnt get the respect since it isnt a V-Drive. The RZ2 and RZ4 were very nice.

Overall... the boat show was nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon...

From a display and buyers (current owners) standpoint... I can think of so many ideas that would aid in marketing a boat... and help dealers give potential buyers a better idea of how their boats perform on the water... bling, loud music, flashing lights may get spectators to the booth... but I think other aspects would not only get spectators, but get people who come with chequebook in hand...

Overall... the boats are getting nicer and nicer every year... If I won the lottery... I am sure I could decide on one favorite!
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Can't wait for the wider, longer 24 footer. The ideas that he has for that boat are pretty cool and it will definitely be a great addition to the company.

Wish their was a Svara around here to check out.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-10-2008, 7:54 AM Reply   
Wakecraft that is...
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-10-2008, 8:57 AM Reply   
i got photos of the show i just dont know how to resize them
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
just got back from the show myself.spnet the weekend in Vancouver. wow is it a party town. still have a headache!.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-11-2008, 7:08 PM Reply   
I found the Vancouver boat show was pretty much the same as every other year....with the exception svara was on the main floor and yes the Wakecraft looked like a pretty nicely refined machine. I disagree with the "not much has changed with the SAN". If you took a closer look or have some one point out the differences I think you might have a different opinion. Mastercraft as usual I could not get a rep to come over and give me the time of day.....I guess this was a downfall to them 4 years ago when I was there to purchase a new boat and neded up buying from another manufacturer cause once again could not get anyone to talk to me. The Centurions are looking better every year.
Deltaboy....if you are ever going up to Whistler in the summer I can hook you up with a buddy who has a Svara.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-11-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
deepcove... what has changed in the SAN from last year... similar dash, similar hull, similar tower... they changed the seating... but that was last year they did the major change... and the graphics were new for this year... that was all...

yeah MC is always the same.... no time of day for anyone... probably the reason I don't have one...

BU is always helpful... print out quotes etc...

One thing I do wish I did... was follow a few groups around with a video camera...

I saw these 5 guys climb in an out of every boat... every single boat they looked at... "oh... thats sweet" then a touch of the vinyl "wow... thats nice vinyl" then after a thourough climb through... "I think we chould buy this one.."

Crazy thing is... this is how people look at boats at a boat show... and they are willing to do an order with a deposit...

I just laugh... because at the end of the day... I could care less how it looks or feels...

IT BETTER THROW A WAKE I LIKE.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-11-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
Deepcove, thanks I wish I could get up there...Ive wanted to ski there since I was in high school, never had the chance though.
Old     (rodltg2)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-11-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
i had a great time, it seemed like a really good show. ive never been there so i cant compare to previous years. those svfara's are pretty cool. very different from anything else there. the dolphin boat was cool too! that would be a blast for a day.
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-11-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
I would agree the SAN did not have major "estetic" changes but things like the seating, the access to a V drive where you can now actually access the V drive. They did away with the hydraulic button release compartments beside the v drive that would malfunction, the front ballst tank is U shape so you still get a ski locker. Also the wake plate sorta thingy on the transom....is that new for this year??? I wasn't paying too close attention to detail as I will not be in the market for a new boat for another year....but seeing how it was a buddy of mine repping the boat I figured I should kinda look interested!
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
I thought most of the dealers were better this year for approaching people, I was very impressed with the actual Mastercraft rep from the factory, My wife and I were in the booth twice and both times we were asked if we had questions. Th second time, the MC rep came over and introduced himself. Very cool guy and did not try to sell the boat and in doing so will make me look hard at MC next purchase. he is a true rep, not a cheesy sales guy.

Upload
Upload
Old     (kscales)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-11-2008, 9:28 PM Reply   
a few more.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (brad63)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-11-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
Mike the owner of the Mastercraft out here( abbotsford) only likes to talk to people that have the money to buy and don't care how much the boat is. I have heard a lot of people say that he's not that nice of a guy. I know first hand that he raped me on the price of an impeller when I was in a quick fix. I would love to own a mastercraft but I think I would buy it out of Kelowna.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-12-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Hey Dave,

Lets go demo a MC X-Star or X-1... then quickly take a mold from it... then take it to one of the many manufacturers in the Okanagan... and see what we can build from that...

I would love the X-1 running surface with the Svfara interior styling and the SV3 seating arrangement!
Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-17-2008, 9:09 PM Reply   
Also took in the show... gotta say I wasn't that impressed with the service of most dealers... for a guy lookin to buy his first wakeboard boat, it was nice to see all the boats together... problem was all I compared was fit and finish unless I tracked someone down to answer my questions.... I wanted to compare a few models to the vtx to see if there was anything to change my mind(sway me towards anything else)... I was a guy who was willing to buy, but apparently didn't look like a guy willing to buy towing around the wife and 2 kids (The oldest being 2 years 4 months it was the youngest's 1st birthday)... even with the boat show prices on the vtx, if I were to buy a boat today it would be from wizard lake marine (Calmar Alberta)... guys there have been the most helpful and have had the best price by far.... although I live closer to other dealers I would still/may buy from them... If your from B.C. and lookin to buy a malibu new or used it's worth calling them...
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-17-2008, 11:48 PM Reply   
I would agree with you Chad. I bought an 07 VTX from them and they have been great to deal with. I just spent the day in Calgary at the boat show and even though Gordon and Ron were really busy they made sure they came over and made time for us. THat kind of repor goes a long ways.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-18-2008, 12:18 AM Reply   
HeHateMe, how has Olympic's pricing been? I called them while boat shopping and they were quite a bit higher than Gilligans boats in Airdrie.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-18-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Hey Chad, did you not talk to the guys at Performance Watersports about Malibus? They have always been super helpful to me and everyone I know who has gone there.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-18-2008, 5:25 PM Reply   
Trent... It looked like Olympic is focussing on the one model in the Supreme line up...V212... which ranged from $42-$49,000... I think some of that was new 07 models. They had a V232 too... but just one...

I like the seating layout on the V212... but I dont like the way the finish is compared to my V220... partly because of the way the seats were extended by just carpeting a box and throwing a cushion on it. Looks like it was an afterthought. Also the V212 they had... had the Centurian Logo on the Perfect Pass Gauge!!! hahaha....

I have always dealt with Wayne at Gilligan's... but he is now with TruNorth... MB and Liquid Ride...

I tried to get him set up with Epic and/or Svfara... but for now he is promoting MB.

As for Malibu... I think both Performance and Malibu Marine offer personalized service... They have provided me quotes etc in the past.. with no hesitation.
Old     (rob_pitchford)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-18-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Chad, Trent

I would have to agree with you both. I have an older 1989 Malibu and Murray from Wizard Lake has always been really helpful and friendly whenever I needed anything or simply had a question. I did not purchase the boat from Wizard and was usually just stopping in for something small. Wizard is usually quite busy yet Murray has always taken the time to help me and answer any questions I had. I will be in the market for a boat in the next year or two at the most and I will definitely be purchasing from Wizard Lake due to the quality of service I have been given from Murray. I spent a while with Murray at the show looking at the new VLX and even though he knew I wasn't buying he spent a good hour with me. Now that is quality service.