Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old    wakeboardmarktwain            11-27-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Does anybody have any opinions on the Big Air Pylon H20 tower? Or does anybody out there have one? I'm looking to put a tower on my boat next year, it's a 92 Crownline. I want to start looking now so I can get the cash saved up over the winter. I've been looking at a Monster Tower, but saw this Big Air Tower in a magazine and like it's appearance more than the Monster Tower. Does anyone have any good advice?
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-27-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
I really like the way the Big Air towers look and I almost bought one and then at the last minute I decided on one from DIYWake.com . . . I've heard about as many good things about them as I have bad things but I have no personal experience with this tower
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-27-2007, 3:00 PM Reply   
I thought I liked the appearance of the big air over the monster at first as well. Then I after experiencing both first hand I felt a properly installed monster (wide front to rear leg stance looked much better). The big air looked a little boxy when looking at from the front or rear. Also the guys at monster are will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. Seriously though the customer service of these guys is just the absolute best I have dealt with period.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-27-2007, 3:22 PM Reply   
Yea Monster Towers are hard to beat when installed correctly
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-27-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
I have installed 2 BigAir towers, one on my boat and another on a friend's boat. I also liked the look better as compared to the Monster. If installed properly, it will be very solid. However, you have to go slow and careful to make sure you get it installed properly. The Monster is a simpler design and looks like it is easier to install. I installed a Titan I on my 2nd boat (similar to the Monster) and the install was easier than the BigAir. The customer service from BigAir was great, also.
Old     (boarder831)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-28-2007, 2:47 PM Reply   
We have a BigAir tower on our 1998 Reinell and are very pleased with it. Installed properly it will be as solid and quiet as any of the other brandname towers on the market. Be patient when installing the tower because it does take time to drill the holes required to connect the tower together. We went with the BigAir because of it's style and look on our boat even after looking at several other brands. Customer service was also top notch for us at BigAir.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
I also have the Big Air. I love the tower. My opinion is it looks alot better then any other tower in that price range. Like they have said, take your time and install it properly. Its worth it.
Old     (riothepimp)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-29-2007, 1:54 PM Reply   
Bigair over DIY all the way but there are plenty to choose from, check out www.bosswake.com
Old     (chriscraftwake)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-30-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
I have the Big air tower it was fairly easy to install!!! It is perfect for an I/O I wouldn't put it on a higher end V-drive boat though !!!!!
The only complaint I have with them is that they said if I sent them a picture of the tower installed on the boat they would send a free t-shirt I never recieved it !!!!!!!!!Upload
Old     (titanwake)      Join Date: Nov 2007       12-03-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
Hey Justin-

You may also want to take a look at a Titan Series I tower. It will cost a couple hundred dollars more, but you will have a tower that is custom made for your boat. As boats start to get older, minimizing the amount of flex in the deck becomes more and more important.

Upload

You can find out more about the Series I here.

Jason
www.titanwake.com
Old    wakeboardmarktwain            12-04-2007, 6:15 AM Reply   
Thanks to everybody for the advice. I'll take it all into consideration. Whatever I get I'll let everyone know how it turns out.