Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            05-05-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
at $299 - I thought that was a pretty good price at Boarders Mall

http://boardersmall.com/xcart/home.php?cat=262&partner=bm
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-13-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
I ordered a Yellow Loogey from these guys last week. They seem like a good shop with good deals.
Check out this limited edition. (can't seem to be able to post a pic)
http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/645/yellowloogeypa6.png
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
Hey right kind, was the shipping really $50? I almost ordered one as well but was told the shipping would be high because of the size of the packaging. Still a good deal but the extra $50 put it out of my reach. Were they really $299....they're up to $329 now. I'm trying to get the guy to cut me a deal on the shipping but kind of doubt he'll go for it. Anyways, congrats...nice looking board and I've heard good things about it from this forum.
Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-13-2007, 7:39 PM Reply   
Bryce,
I think the limited edition Blue Lake Woody was $299 but they're sold out. I ordered the yellow and Tom (owner of the shop) called me at home and asked why I didn't get the Limited Edition for the same price. He said shipping was free for the regular board but $15+/- for the LE. I haven't gotten the invoice yet so we'll see.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-13-2007, 9:33 PM Reply   
Thanks, I just checked and you are correct...the shipping on the non "Limited Editions" is free and the Limited said $50/shipping in the cart but sounds like you may be getting a deal on that? Anyway, I really like the limited editions but I'll probably stick with the the non LE version to save the $50. Was thinking about the blue anyway and as you said they no longer have the LE Blue. I appreciate the info.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-14-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
I bought the last one and shipping was $45. Still a pretty decent deal at $344. Can't wait for it to arrive. I rode a friends last week and really liked it. I wanted to try some of the other boards out there but there are no dealers, etc. in portland that carry walzer, shredd stixx, etc. so i went with what i had tried and liked. Thanks for the link to this deal. Talked with the guy at the shop and he seemed like a real nice guy to work with.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-14-2007, 1:08 PM Reply   
Shane,

What up? I got mine from the same place!! Make sure UPS doesn't damage it during shipping, the first one I got was cracked. Look it over closely. You can borrow the yellow anytime, too. Just let a brotha know.....
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-14-2007, 1:37 PM Reply   
What's up Bryan? You going to make it out today or tomorrow? I would love to try out that yellow sometime.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-14-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
The weather's great, but this week doesn't look good for me. E-mail me if you want to borrow the board, you can swoop by and pick it up......
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-16-2007, 5:01 PM Reply   
I am from BoardersMall and I wanted to let you know about shipping. We have a flat fee of $50 for the big boards and $35 for the small boards. If its less then that we will credit back your account. We are in Cali and it cost alot to ship out East, and not as much on the West, but it averages out to $50 & $35, thats why we have those amounts. Let us focus on how good the pricing is, shall we?
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2007, 5:45 PM Reply   
Hey Tommy, I didn't mean to suggest it was a bad deal or the shipping was unreasonable...quite the contrary, I was just saying that if I can save $50 on shipping by getting the non LE that I would probably do that because my funds were limited. I think this was a great deal and was kind of trying to get the word out that this was a great deal and to go get one...just save me one because I'm in the process of selling my board and will be buying one from you shortly. I live in CA so I might be getting that LE after all. Thanks Tommy you have shot me a couple emails and been nothing but helpful.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
By the way, where in CA? I'm in San Diego. I might just spend $100 in gas and come pick it up.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-16-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
We are in the Delta at Tower Park Marina just north of Stockton. Shipping would be cheap for you. Better than $3.50 per gallon.
Old     (bltcollins)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-16-2007, 8:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Tommy...I'm going to be putting my order in over the next 3 or 4 days. Can't wait. Thanks for all your help.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-17-2007, 8:20 AM Reply   
Just wanted to drop a line as another satisfied Blue Lake rider. I picked up my Blue Woody from DWC at Tower Park on Sunday morning. I was thinking that I wanted a Red Tide, but the guys at the shop steered me towards the Blue Lake instead. I'm not a big fan of blue, but the board is beautiful and rides as good as it looks.

Thumbs up for the Blue Woody and DWC for a killer deal.