Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old    260searay            08-23-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
I have gotten my heelside w2w down finally and now have to get toeside down. Should i start trying some grabs? Or a 180?
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-23-2005, 4:18 PM Reply   
both
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-23-2005, 4:52 PM Reply   
do a grab first. then do 'em both at the same time.
Old    wakeskirider            08-23-2005, 5:02 PM Reply   
I find wake to wake toeside 180s easier to do than a regular toeside w2w.
Old    wakegal02            08-23-2005, 5:16 PM Reply   
while on the topic of jumping w2w, when do you increase speed and or distance? which is 1st?
Old     (msasser)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2005, 7:59 PM Reply   
what do you mean, when, like in the cut? or how long does it take to do? i believe that distance is a result of speed, so speed comes first in that sense. also, i took a lesson today, i went from not being able to 1 wake toeside really, to doing it wake to wake toesides. lessons are worth it, i would learn grabs first, because they you dont have to worry about landing switch.
Old    wakegal02            08-24-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
sorry i didn't add enough info. i meant when do you increase the boat speed and or rope length.
Old    martini            08-25-2005, 4:25 PM Reply   
grab after you have the move down perfect...

learn toe side w2w asap! than think about the grab

boat speed and line length our you're call after you get comfortable with the line length you our currently riding at.

If you are going in to the flats on all your stuff both front and heel than you are ready to go longer and faster.i'm not saying you are doing this but, don't make the mistake of increaseing things because you heard or read your favorite rider rides at 97 and half feet @ 31 miles per hour.