Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-30-2011, 11:08 AM Reply   
I was recently introduced first hand to the Boat Bling Hot Sauce and Vinyl Sauce. Over the years I have found some tried and true products that I swear by so I was skeptical. But my friend said he had really results with this stuff, and I should try it out (thank you Justin).

Hot Sauce
The jury is still in on the Hot Sauce, I normally use another product so I am comparing the two. And after only a week of owning the stuff, I can't really say with any certainty whether or not it will work like I hope. I boat in salt-water so my product usage is based on whether or not it works well in this environment. But, I did like the silky feel it left on the hull and it did appear to do equally well as my competitor product.

Vinyl Sauce
HOLY COW this is amazing stuff. I have tried a host of other products for vinyl, but this is by-far the BEST vinyl cleaner I have ever used! It made short work of some really stubborn stains on my vinyl and was easy on the hands. I did the whole boat in less than 1hour, which is a new record for cleaning the vinyl for me.

That's my share for the day, and I will update this post on the Hot Sauce as I get more experience with it.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-30-2011, 12:44 PM Reply   
We tried it and are amazed at the results.Quick and easy shine that lasts for weeks.It's a regular routine done in about 15 minutes with 2 people.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2011, 1:12 PM Reply   
I've been using the bling products since 06' and use nothing else. Great stuff and equally impressed with the owner Patrick, he really supports the boating community great guy. Still waiting for that Awesome Sauce though .
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-30-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
I've got your awesome sauce right here buddy, just hit me up
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-30-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the great words guys! Satisfied customer referrals have been the #1 driver of sales and market expansion for the past 6 years and for that we can not THANK YOU enough! There are big things ahead for Boat Bling so please keep an eye out on your local dealer shelves and if they don't yet stock it, ask for it. If they become a dealer we'll make it worth your while

wakescene: Saltwater boaters have some very unique needs and Vinyl Sauce has been a huge hit for interior cleanup. Be sure to add some before/after photos next time! Above all else, if we saved you some time cleaning the boat up at the end of the day our mission was acomplished

As always if anybody has questions, comments, or concerns feel free to reach out to me directly zack@boatbling.net
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-30-2011, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
I've got your awesome sauce right here buddy, just hit me up
You had me at "I've" .
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-30-2011, 6:13 PM Reply   
Kevin glad you are enjoying the rec. I absolutely love Boat Blings products, and thank YOU and Karen for the awesome gift. The first package was actually damaged so they sent me out another right after and just got it today (Thanks Patrick at Boat Bling for helping out). Great products and a great company, I won't use anything else.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2011, 6:54 PM Reply   
I had never heard of boat bling till the dude across from our place out at the river mentioned it to me. He has a party cat, about 8 years old, and the thing looks brand new. I would have never guessed it, and he told me all he uses is boat bling product. Went and bought some and the stuff is awsome.
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       06-30-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
Another boat bling customer here. just wiped out my 1 quart spray bottle of hot sauce two weekends ago and yesterday I ordered a 1 gallon replacement. I ordered hot sauce, vinyl sauce, condition sauce, pro sauce, and quickie sauce all in 1 quart spray bottles with the intention of keeping the empty bottles and refilling them with the gallons when they run out.

the hot sauce makes my boat look amazing and the vinyl sauce almost cleans too good. sometimes if i dont get good spray coverage you can see where it had good contact time vs where it didnt.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-01-2011, 5:48 AM Reply   
How about a forum group deal or something, eh? The cheapest I found this stuff on line is at parker yamaha for like $16-21 per bottle, but shipping was outrageous. I don't have any local dealers here in Chatt that I'm aware of. I'd love to demo this stuff and see how it keeps my promo boats clean, but I'm hesitant to drop $85 to just try out the four different sauces. However, if this stuff works as well as it is supposed to work, I'm sure all of my friends and I would keep on buying it once we had an opportunity to try it.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-01-2011, 7:33 AM Reply   
They offer a 10% WW discount. This stuff may seem expensive but keep in mind the bottles are twice as big as a babes product.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2011, 10:50 AM Reply   
For those curious, Justin (newmy79) and I are close friends. Last time out on Justin's boat, he refused to take any cash from me or my wife for fuel. During cleanup, he mentioned that he was running low on Hot Sauce (my first intro to Boat Bling Products). I have purchased cleaning prod's for friends before in lue of cash, and thought this was a great opportunity to pay him back, but in a useful way as well. Later that evening over cigars, I questioned him on them again and got the 411. The next day I got Justin a replacement set of Hot and Vinyl Sauce. At the same time I ordered up my batch.

Back to the Sauce:
Being as these were new products to me, I was judging on the surface when the package arrived. Yea yea I know, you are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I was and can report I was really impressed. Obviously from my OP, but there is more to it.

When my shipment arrived, I immediately unpacked everything and went over it with a critical eye. within a minute, I knew Boat Bling was legit! Here's why;
The bottles are high grade plastic. (I'm not afraid to drop this bottle on the driveway or dock and worry it's going to crack open)
The grip and squirt handle are balanced and easy to operate. (Easy to hang on a 5Gal bucket too)
The nozzle as TWO-types of spray patterns (I have not see this in years, and this alone sold me!)
The labeling is clear and reads well.
The bottles don't leak when they are on their sides. (many bottles I have/had do)

The product inside the bottle itself is great(this is what most people have tended focus on in reviews), but I always seem to venture a little more deeply into things and scrutinized. In this case, the delivery mechanism (packaging). It too was spot on. It gave me comfort that there are a bunch of people doing it right, and as I say, "being part of the solution". I truly appreciate that type of effort as a consumer.

(FYI, I don't work for Boat Bling, I'm not trying to Kiss A$$ for free product or establish any type of clout with anyone. This review is my own, in my own words with no expectation of some type of return(Other than a pretty and clean boat))

That being said, I hope what I have written helps other people make an informed decision.
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-01-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
totally awesome or nothing for me
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2011, 12:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
How about a forum group deal or something, eh? The cheapest I found this stuff on line is at parker yamaha for like $16-21 per bottle, but shipping was outrageous. I don't have any local dealers here in Chatt that I'm aware of. I'd love to demo this stuff and see how it keeps my promo boats clean, but I'm hesitant to drop $85 to just try out the four different sauces. However, if this stuff works as well as it is supposed to work, I'm sure all of my friends and I would keep on buying it once we had an opportunity to try it.
Chatt,

I'm proud to say that we're currently finalizing deals with the 2 largest online retailers in the marine industry which should help the shipping situation for those customers whose local dealer may not yet carry the product.

PM sent
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2011, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakescene View Post
For those curious, Justin (newmy79) and I are close friends. Last time out on Justin's boat, he refused to take any cash from me or my wife for fuel. During cleanup, he mentioned that he was running low on Hot Sauce (my first intro to Boat Bling Products). I have purchased cleaning prod's for friends before in lue of cash, and thought this was a great opportunity to pay him back, but in a useful way as well. Later that evening over cigars, I questioned him on them again and got the 411. The next day I got Justin a replacement set of Hot and Vinyl Sauce. At the same time I ordered up my batch.

Back to the Sauce:
Being as these were new products to me, I was judging on the surface when the package arrived. Yea yea I know, you are not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I was and can report I was really impressed. Obviously from my OP, but there is more to it.

When my shipment arrived, I immediately unpacked everything and went over it with a critical eye. within a minute, I knew Boat Bling was legit! Here's why;
The bottles are high grade plastic. (I'm not afraid to drop this bottle on the driveway or dock and worry it's going to crack open)
The grip and squirt handle are balanced and easy to operate. (Easy to hang on a 5Gal bucket too)
The nozzle as TWO-types of spray patterns (I have not see this in years, and this alone sold me!)
The labeling is clear and reads well.
The bottles don't leak when they are on their sides. (many bottles I have/had do)

The product inside the bottle itself is great(this is what most people have tended focus on in reviews), but I always seem to venture a little more deeply into things and scrutinized. In this case, the delivery mechanism (packaging). It too was spot on. It gave me comfort that there are a bunch of people doing it right, and as I say, "being part of the solution". I truly appreciate that type of effort as a consumer.

(FYI, I don't work for Boat Bling, I'm not trying to Kiss A$$ for free product or establish any type of clout with anyone. This review is my own, in my own words with no expectation of some type of return(Other than a pretty and clean boat))

That being said, I hope what I have written helps other people make an informed decision.
KG - Your commission check is in the mail

Did you notice that each sprayer is individually glued as well? No shaking loose during transit or leaking in the truck...just thought I'd throw that out as well

In all seriousness though, thank you very much for the in depth review. We're glad that someone else takes their consumer products as seriously as we do. For us at Boat Bling, this justifies the countless hours spent in the shop and working with vendors to provide a premium product for the ultimate user experience.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorykitted View Post
totally awesome or nothing for me
I'm sure it works great on gelcoat.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-04-2011, 3:55 AM Reply   
i use "hot sauce" for above the rub rail when we pull out of the water and then hit below the rub rail with the "quickie sauce" i do the trailer in quickie sauce as well. so far ive only used them twice and i am very impressed with them!!!!!!!!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-04-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have used it for 3 years straight and recommended it on the Moomba board too. Everyone at the the company and all their products are legit. Not a single complaint! P{atrick the owner is awesome and he hooked me up with a great deal on shipping to Canada which is RARE!

Heck, I would go as far as to say I am slightly addicted to the stuff, I now use hot sauce to clean my new Stainless Steel BBQ (as well as other thigns). It cleans it great but I do it more for the smell. Somehow it turns cleaning a dusty BBQ into good memories of being on the water..... yes the smell can be that addictive.
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-04-2011, 12:00 PM Reply   
Can someone tell me if the hot sauce will get that yellow/brown waterstain that is always there when I pull my boat off the lake (ring around the boat)?

Also, can I use the vinyl sauce as a daily/weekly cleaner and how often should I follow up with the condition sauce when using the vinyl sauce?
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-05-2011, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicvtx1994 View Post
i use "hot sauce" for above the rub rail when we pull out of the water and then hit below the rub rail with the "quickie sauce" i do the trailer in quickie sauce as well. so far ive only used them twice and i am very impressed with them!!!!!!!!
Be sure to remove any waterspots with Hot Sauce before waxing with the Quickie Sauce which is a pure wax without any spot removing properties. My suggestion would be to wipe down all gelcoat surfaces with Hot Sauce and follow up with Quickie Sauce as needed when you want to refresh your wax coat. Generally this would be about once every 4-6 weks if you're using the boat a lot.

Great work on the trailer! It's amazing how many people spend hours on the boat and truck and leave the trailer unprotected.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-05-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemania View Post
Can someone tell me if the hot sauce will get that yellow/brown waterstain that is always there when I pull my boat off the lake (ring around the boat)?

Also, can I use the vinyl sauce as a daily/weekly cleaner and how often should I follow up with the condition sauce when using the vinyl sauce?
If you're talking about a typical scum line from one or a few days on the water then Hot Sauce should take care of it without issue. For best results, you'll want to use a fresh microfiber towel on each side of the boat to eliminate the 'scum' from saturating the towel and streaking.

If the boat has been slipped for an extended amount of time and the gelcoat is in fact "stained" then you may need a more aggressive cleaner. Once cleaned be sure to follow up with a quality wax coat or two which should make the cleanup process easier.

Vinyl Sauce is perfectly safe for daily use on your interior. If the boat only saw light duty, you can even spray some Vinyl Sauce onto a damp microfiber towel and do a quick wipe down to conserve product as opposed to spraying directly onto the surface. (Don't tell your friends this trick, my bonus depends on sales #'s J/K)

We recommend that Condition Sauce be used as a follow up about every 4-5 cleanings. I generally use it about once per month during our brutal AZ summer.
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       07-05-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Where we can we order some
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-05-2011, 3:44 PM Reply   
http://boatbling.net/store/

There is a 10% WW discount.
Old     (nicvtx1994)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-06-2011, 5:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourspeednup View Post
Be sure to remove any waterspots with Hot Sauce before waxing with the Quickie Sauce which is a pure wax without any spot removing properties. My suggestion would be to wipe down all gelcoat surfaces with Hot Sauce and follow up with Quickie Sauce as needed when you want to refresh your wax coat. Generally this would be about once every 4-6 weks if you're using the boat a lot.

Great work on the trailer! It's amazing how many people spend hours on the boat and truck and leave the trailer unprotected.
thanks for the tips, i will be sure to do that next time. the trailer looks so good once done over with the quickie sauce
Old     (wakemania)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-06-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
Thanks for the reply Zach. I was concerned that the Vinyl Sauce might strip away the protection that the Condition Sauce was providing.
Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       07-06-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
I just want to add that I have been using Hot Sauce and Pro Sauce for a year now and love both products. I heard a rumor that the Pro Sauce is being discontinued. Please tell me this is not true.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-06-2011, 10:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajholt7 View Post
I just want to add that I have been using Hot Sauce and Pro Sauce for a year now and love both products. I heard a rumor that the Pro Sauce is being discontinued. Please tell me this is not true.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the product AJ! Unfortunately the rumor is true and there is only a limited availability of Pro Sauce. The decision was made to discontinue, not because of the results of the product but because we've found that the majority of our customers prefer to wax their boat more often in less time or hire the task out to a professional detailer.

With that said, after considerable resources were spent on R&D, we've reformulated Quickie Sauce for 2011 with exceptional results. We are confident that the improved Quickie Sauce provides the same level of protection for gelcoat and painted surfaces that you've come to expect from Pro Sauce in a consistency that is suitable to be applied through a sprayer nozzle saving you time.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-07-2011, 7:20 AM Reply   
Guys, I just wanted to show some appreciation for some exceptional customer support that I have received from Boat Bling. After reading this thread, I decided to try and contact boat bling and get some information on their products. I'm not sure about you guys, but before I spend $20 on a bottle of anything (other than maybe wine), I'm going to do some research. Lets put it this way, within minutes of sending a pm to Zach, he responded and answered my initial volley of questions. I wanted to ask some more, so I shot him my phone number and asked him to call me when he could. Yesterday, I get a call from one of the owners of Boat Bling, who proceeded to take over half an hour of his time to explain his products to me, how they work, what makes them worth the coin, and where I can get them - not to mention a little company history.

Well, I'm the type of guy who buys his steaks from the local meat market here in Chattanooga (Don's Meat Market), because, even though it's a little more expensive than bi-lo, I like buying my steaks from a guy who knows what he's selling, is willing to politely answer my questions, remembers my name, and sells quality stuff. I will pay for good customer service and a quality product. Needless to say, I got such a good vibe from the guys at boat bling that I've got a case of their stuff coming my way. Obviously, I haven't used anything yet because I don't have it, so I can't give any feedback on how well this stuff works. However, after the July 4th weekend, my boat is in dire need of cleaning. My wife and I had our second child Tuesday morning, so my boat's been sitting tied up to my in-laws' dock since Friday (we got some good riding / surfing in over the weekend despite all the walleys on the lake). I'm taking the boat on vacation week after next with my family, so I have to get it all cleaned up and detailed before we leave. Assuming I get my stuff in in time, I plan on doing a comprehensive write up on how well the products work.

As you guys know, if I think a boat, speaker, battery, etc. work well, I will let you guys know. If I think something doesn't live up to the hype, and/or is not worth the price, I'll let you guys know. Personally, from what I've heard, I'm extremely hopefull that I'll get great results from boat bling's products. For those who use these products regularly, how about posting up some before and after pics? I should have plenty of my own to share soon. Just don't hold it against me how bad my boat will probably look in the "before" pictures!

Last edited by chattwake; 07-07-2011 at 7:22 AM.