Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
I just have to give a big kudos to this product. I cleaned the boat up this last weekend and the results were amazing. I used this product after cleaning my boat with Babe's seat soap. The difference was night and day between the two. My wife was even impressed with the feel on the vinyl after the cleaning.

My boat has some white vinyl in it with a bit of the grainy type material. This took all the dirt out and now it looks like it did the day I picked it up. Just want to let you all know this product is out there and you should give it a try. Sue will even give your money back if you're not impressed. Needless to say, I won't be asking for my money back. :-)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 8:13 AM Reply   
Here is a link to her product on ebay. If you work with her outside of ebay, she'll treat you right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320220631661&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
That's all I use on my boat works awesome, and I'm anal as you can get.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-12-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
I liked it too. Better than anything else I have used.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-12-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
I will be using Exquisite on my whole interior this weekend I will try to get some pics.
Old     (rugdr)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-12-2009, 8:53 AM Reply   
I agree 100%!!! This is by far the best stuff that I have used on my boat seats. My boat is only a year old, but after using this stuff, they felt softer and cleaner than the day I bought them. It is some awesome stuff!
Old     (javony)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-12-2009, 9:22 AM Reply   
Shawn, How do you get ahold of her outside of ebay?
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-12-2009, 9:25 AM Reply   
Yeah, I was wanting to know that too.

Jman
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
I PM'd ya Jman. But here is her email address.

acedistributing@comcast.net

She may take a day or two to answer as she has another business too. It's worth the wait though.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-12-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
It is amazing how conditioned the vinyl feels after you use it. I bought a bottle of the concentrate over a year ago and I still have half of it left plus she threw in two bottles, two shammies and a scrub brush. It's the best I've used and I've tried everything except the Malco product Sparky Jay raves about. I do still use Babes as a daily but just because I love the smell of it.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-12-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
are you guys 303'ing a couple of times during the season after you clean it with equ? is their uv protectant in the equ?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 12:23 PM Reply   
What kind of deal does she hook you up with? It says make offer as a choice on the ebay link.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 12:54 PM Reply   
Timmy! I pm'd ya.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 12:55 PM Reply   
Oh and I do believe there is a uv protectant in this stuff too. That's what I remember from a thread last year. Don't quote me on that though.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-12-2009, 1:00 PM Reply   
Shawn, I had the same question as Timmy.....what kind of deal are we talking about outside of eBay? PM me.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-12-2009, 1:06 PM Reply   
This is the best combo I have found, exquisite with a brush, exquisite and/or water with a magic eraser for deep dirt, wipe clean with a dry terry cloth or towel. Follow with 303, but the 303 can be slick, so I like to wipe off the excess with a dry terry cloth. Money!

Also, 303 by hand on the gelcoat really brings back that deep gloss shine!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       05-12-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Pm me as well. thanks.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-12-2009, 1:34 PM Reply   
I just got mine from her. I haven't checked her ebay site so I don't know if its a great deal or not, but I was told to email her and ask for the
WakeWorld hookup. This is what she sent back and this is what I ordered:

Kit with 22 oz. spray bottle, brush and terry towel $9.95

Concentrate (makes 1 gallon $14.95 (Comes in quart bottle you need to dilute in your own gallon bottle)

s&h for 1 or both of these items $10.95
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
My deal was what Jeremy got. Trust me, it's worth it. You won't want your money back. :-)
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-12-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
Although I did get two towels in my deal. Guess I drive a hard bargain. :-)
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-12-2009, 2:47 PM Reply   
Got two bottles on the way. Time to see what it does for 20yr old vinyl.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
The key on dirty vinyl is to soak it and let it sit for about 5 min and then hit it again with a light misting then use the medium bristle brush and go to town. Follow it up with the microfiber towel and your vinyl will look amazing.

I was skeptical until I used it.

(Message edited by 05mobiuslsv on May 12, 2009)
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-12-2009, 2:52 PM Reply   
I sent here an email we'll see.
Old     (guess402)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-12-2009, 6:33 PM Reply   
What is 303?
Old     (shepsigkap)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-12-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
Works like a charm EVERY TIME!!!
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-12-2009, 7:59 PM Reply   
I'm Glad to see everyone enjoying her product. Susan is my sister-in-law and I've used her product on my boats and vehicles for years. This cleaner can be used on carpets and seats and door panels in your vehicles too. That is how I started to use this cleaner. I told her to get into the marine industry and the product would be a hit. THIS STUFF WORKS!!! It not only cleans but it conditions as well. It is one hell of a product. Most will agree, others are true to their product. Check out the review.http://www.wakeboatworld.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=51&Itemi d=1
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-12-2009, 11:54 PM Reply   
303:

http://www.303products.com/tech/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=42 8&CFID=50448443&CFTOKEN=76627438
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-13-2009, 8:11 AM Reply   
Just got mine last week!!

Normally I use 2 products to clean and condition. Clean it with some orange spray, and then 303 to condition. This product does both!!! So, a 3rd less work (2 cleanings, 1 conditioner round of wipes), and half the money (buying one less product) Awesome. Thanks Susan!!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-13-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
I'd recommend avoiding Magic Erasers unless you absolutely have to use it to get a stain out. They lightly sand the surface and remove layers of protection that are built into your vinyl.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-13-2009, 8:18 PM Reply   
I have used the product and found it to be no better than Ducky cleaner.

The real genius in this product is in the brush. If you have not used a brush with your current cleaner, then you owe it to yourself to use one. I could not tell the difference with the two cleaners. My Tige had a bright white vinyl that was always a pain to get clean. The brush did far more than any cleaner.

But I am about the only guy in the world that is not singing the praises of this stuff.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-13-2009, 8:26 PM Reply   
I agree Hate N, I never let my vinyl get that dirty, but I've been working on some dirty boats recently. Sometimes the brush works better in certain areas, sometimes the magic eraser works better. Just depends on the texture of the vinyl. I figure once with the magic eraser to get rid of deep dirt is doing the vinyl a favor. Finish with a conditioner to protect.

Also heard dilute acetone with water to remove bad vinyl stains. I'm too scared to try this. Anybody else try this, yet?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2009, 7:00 AM Reply   
^^^Sounds like it would work but would be very drying.

TT, is the Ducky cleaner a better deal than what Susan is hooking us up with? Cleaner, brush, microfiber and bottle?
Old     (wakemann)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Has anyone emailed her this week, I emailed here on Tuesday and have not heard from her yet.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       05-14-2009, 9:06 AM Reply   
Ordered my kit from her on ebay yesterday....I've got some slight discoloration I'm hoping it will take out. I was hitting it with some mequires vinyl cleaner and an orbital, but it's taking way way waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long. Looking forward to it, thanks for the tip!
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-14-2009, 9:12 AM Reply   
Yeah, I emailed her yesterday. No reply yet. I'll post here when I do.

Jman
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-14-2009, 9:13 AM Reply   
Unfortunately Jeff it probably won't take out discoloration. How long has it been there? Has it seen any sun since you noticed it? If not it will likely correct itself with UV exposure.
Old     (dirtysparks)      Join Date: May 2004       05-14-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
Not sure how long it's been there, I just got it about a month ago. It's a florida boat, so I'm guessing it's had a bit of sun exposure. It's not really that big of a deal but I guess I'm pretty anal about my boat. I think it's probably a sunscreen discoloration/stain. It is coming out with the orbital, just very very slowly.

Upload
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       05-14-2009, 9:43 AM Reply   
I'm glad I stumbled across this thread! I've got smeared tar splatters on white vinyl from having our roof re-done... It looks terrible! Hopefully this stuff will clean it up!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-14-2009, 9:44 AM Reply   
Hate,

I think the ducky is quite a bit cheaper. I always think twice before I go against some people whose experience is different than mine, but it seems that there are only a very few who have used brushes with multiple products, and still believe that the Exquisite is all that.

$8.00 for a bottle.
http://www.parkeryamaha.com/duckycleanerallpurpose.aspx

(Message edited by talltigeguy on May 14, 2009)
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Blake I wouldn't count on thid stuff to take that out of your vinyl it doesn't perform miracles, but who knows. Move your boat next time.
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-14-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
I've never tried Ducky, but I have been picking some tough areas on my boat that I thought would never come clean and literally it is looking brand new with Exquisite. I still have to go over the entire boat, but I just got my exquisite order so I wanted to try it out and so far I'm really impressed.

TT, I'm not sure how that comes out price wise cuz with Susan you get a concentrate that makes a gallon of cleaner for $14.95. I didn't see a portion size on the ducky, but I assume its prob a 22oz bottle for $8. 128 ounces in a gallon gets you almost 6 22oz bottles for $14.95.

I'm new to all of this so I was just looking for a good cleaner. I bought a bottle of Babe's at Joes because I've heard all the rave. I tested a small section and it seemed to work. But after getting the exquisite...no comparison.
Old     (acedistltd)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-14-2009, 10:18 AM Reply   
Hello fellow ww's, thanks for all the great positive comments on the Exquisite cleaner. Sorry for the delay in getting back with you guys today I am getting back to everyone who emailed me already. In response to 'talltigeguy' saying the magic is in the brush I would agree that SOME of the magic is in the brush, but it is also the gentle nature of the effective cleaner that allows you to use the brush. If you use a brush with any cleaner you could be harming the vinyl depending on what chemicals are in the cleaner. Exquisite is called a surfactant cleaner which removes dirt by creating suds to take away the dirt, there are absolutely no harsh chemicals in the Exquisite cleaner. Now imagine you have a cleaner which works by chemical process instead of suds and them you scrub that cleaner into the grain of your vinyl, the chemicals that were meant to clean the vinyl could now be attacking more than the dirt they could be attacking the vinyl as well causing it to dry out and crack prematurely. The reason Exquisite leaves the vinyl feeling so soft after it is cleaned is that the suds effectively remove the dirt, body oil and sunscreen that are deposited onto the vinyl without stripping the vinyl. Because of how dirty boat vinyl gets due to dirty water, sunscreen and food crumbs it is absolutely necessary to clean with a brush, however, using a brush to clean your vinyl with the wrong cleaner could be doing more harm than good.
I do offer a money back gurantee on my product if you are not satisfied I will refund your money, however please do not expect this to be a miracle cleaner, IT IS NOT! It is a high quality cleaner that will allow you to keep your boat vinyl looking and feeling like new. If you have specific stain problems, email me(put ww stains for subject) and I can probably help you figure out what you can use to get the stains out. Remember after using any harsh chemicals to remove stains to always follow up with a good high quality gentle cleaner like Exquisite to remove any residue of the harsh cleaner.
Since it is spring and everyone is getting their boat ready for spring I think we should have a spring sale! As you saw above my regular ww hookup for people who email me directly is $9.95 for the kit and $14.95 for the quarts of concentrate and $10.95 s&H for 1 or both items.
Spring Sale
Kits $8.95 includes 22oz spray bottle cleaner, brush and cloth
Quart of Concentrate $12.95 makes 1 gallon of cleaner
Flat rate shipping to usa $10.25
Here is what I can fit in a flat rate box:
1 kit + 1 or 2 concentrates
up to 4 concentrates
If you would like to take advantage of the spring sale then please email me at acedistributing@comcast.net and put 'ww spring sale' in the subject line. If you have questions first then please just put 'cleaner' in the subject line.
By the way the Exquisite cleaner does not have any uv protection. Boat vinyl and stitching has uv protection built in when it is made, however there are lots of products that are out there that will break down that uv protection so it doesn't hurt to use a protectant such as 303 but DO NOT use any vinyl protectant like armor all or the like that has silicone it it which will degrade the surface of your vinyl over time.

(Message edited by acedistltd on May 14, 2009)
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-14-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
Thanks for the post Susan, I'll be placing an order soon.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-14-2009, 10:49 AM Reply   
How long with the Concentrate last?
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-14-2009, 10:52 AM Reply   
I've had my gallon concentrate for 2 seasons and it's 3/4 gone and I'm anal about cleaning my boat.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-14-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
I think that if you buy the concentrate, then you could actually make this stuff competitive economically. Otherwise it is more expensive than most.

Given that it is both a conditioner and a cleaner, it might be worth doing. Who knows, when my current cleaner supply runs out, I might find myself with a quart of Exquisite concentrate.

I would make it clear, this stuff is equally good as other cleaners out there. It is not bad by any stretch.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-14-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
Is there a specific brush you guys recommend when cleaning vinyl? (stiff or soft bristles, plastic or other materials, etc).

Thanks,

Ryan
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-15-2009, 5:05 AM Reply   
I've been using this product for a while, since the last time this discussion came was on WW. If do find it a good product, I'm still a little leary about it's long term affects.

During the last discussion Exquisite was not approved by the boat or vinyl manufacturers and they were in the process of being recommended.

Do we know if Exquisite has been approved?

Chris
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-15-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Ryan the medium plastic bristle brush works well for me, I don't get super agressive with it just massage the vinyl with it and it gets good results. The cool thing I've found about the brush is that all of your stitching comes out looking like new everytime, and you're able to get under the piping where the real damage can occur.

Wakejunky I don't know about getting approved by the vinyl mfr's but this is my third year using it and I stopped using the 303 after using this and my vinyl looked new on my last VLX, the guy that bought it couldn't believe how clean it was and he looked at alot of boats before buying mine.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-18-2009, 1:01 PM Reply   
Sent an Email to Susan for the Spring sale pricing...Waiting to hear back to order, but cant wait to try it out!
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Worked great for me yesterday! Needed the brush but real clean even in the rough spots. Left it shiney and very smooth.
Old     (mayor_h)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-18-2009, 5:11 PM Reply   
jus got my kit lickety split, ordered on friday, here on monday.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-18-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
Thanks Nu Bu
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-18-2009, 6:07 PM Reply   
Got mine today! I can't wait to try it out. Thanks Susan.
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2009, 6:42 PM Reply   
Worked great for me yesterday! Needed the brush but real clean even in the rough spots. Left it shiney and very smooth.
Old     (mhayes)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-19-2009, 6:17 AM Reply   
Susan is great....ordered it on Friday and received it on Monday. Can't wait to try it out!
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-19-2009, 3:03 PM Reply   
Still waiting for my kickback from starting this thread! :-) Now I can't stand to have any little bit of dirt on my seats since they look so new!
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       05-19-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
Just ordered mine, can't wait!
Old    brycejay            05-19-2009, 3:28 PM Reply   
Ordered mine on friday and got it on monday as well! Thanks susan!
Old     (drruth)      Join Date: May 2009       05-20-2009, 1:50 PM Reply   
How is it with getting stains out? I did something I thought was the right thing and turned out to be a very wrong thing. I took my Baja to get some work done on it and used some rubber backed throw rugs to protect my seats and the back lounge pad area. Boy what a mistake...the rubber backing bled yellow thru into the white vinyl. The rugs were only there for less than a day.
Old     (brian_yow)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-21-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
^^^^ Ruth, if you or anyone has a solution for this type of stain I would like to know. I have a similar stain from the black rubber off of my Catalyst vest that was left on one of my seats on a super hot day.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2009, 11:43 AM Reply   
Most people just let the sun bleach those out.