Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (lkeashly89)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-19-2008, 7:10 PM Reply   
Hi,
We are currently looking to buy a crossover boat. We have looked and test driven the malibu VTX and liked it but we havent been able to find a used one with the options we want so now we are looking at wakecraft. Does wakecraft have a crossover boat that will be good for slalom skiing aswell as wakeboarding and surfing ? Has anyone test driven or found any reviews on these boats ?
thanks,
LK
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-19-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
They have 2 boats currently... Same hull from what I understand in both the Direct and V Drives. The Direct drive doesn't seem like an amazing deal to me... Looks good but why buy a boat with less interior space(all same ballast available on both)when you can get the V Drive seating and same hull. I'm not sure how the ski wake would be, but the wakeboard wake looks promising. I'm sure others will chime in, a couple different people on here have 1
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
I own one. 3 different models this year all with the same hull just different drive set up or options. We have a ZR6 its a 2007 and has all the bells and whistles one could hope for all included. This year they have come out with a DD which is the same hull and ski's very well from what I have heard. All I pretty much do is surf behind ours and several friends of mine love the wakeboard wake it throws. I have several pic's I can send you just PM me. Also they are building the ZRWake which is a more "GI" model of the ZR6. It will have the 343 from PCM ballast etc but will have a more basic trailer, no heater, shower, different tower, no racks and I dont even think it will have a stereo. If you are into the boat and want to add your own stereo then I would recommend the cheaper ZR Wake. This way you can throw whatever tower you want on it and a much broader choice in tower speaker set up. It still has the 64 gallon fuel tank, dock lights, dual gas fills etc. I haven’t skied yet behind ours but have pulled a competitive water skier at 35 22 off and he liked it. Obviously its not going to be a completely flat wake but it definitely is a good recreational ski wake. As long as you ski 33+ mph you would probably like this boat for all your needs. Its been very reliable and have had no problems with mine, but then again I wouldn’t expect to with a new boat.

The surfing is great, I’m no pro though and only have done this for a season now but was free of the rope my first time up. The wake with just standard ballast is ok but once you add a few hundred in the back locker and throw everyone onto the side you surf it gets much more vert. We will be experimenting in the next couple weeks when we get out with moving more weight around the boat to lengthen the pocket a bit but as is its pretty darn good. With the hull design the prop wash doesn’t have a noticeable effect on the wake weather you are regular or goofy. Its a fun boat that gives you some extra options other boats companies don’t offer. Your gel scheme is up to you and so is the interior vinyl designs etc.

Cant beat the warrantee either and the customer service you get from David and Paul is second to none.

Check out Wakeboard Magazines Virtual test drive to get more detailed info. Do know that some of the info on that review isn’t accurate i.e., board rack weather surf or wakeboard do swivel, and the new PCM ZR 6 is 409 hp closed cooling not the 375 closed cooling that the 2007's came with. Here is the link http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/VTD/2008/WakeCraft/index.html?manufacture=1&boat=1

It handles very good and is a great riding boat. Very responsive and it seems as though we never run out of gas! If you don’t get the custom inline silencers for the exhaust then the side corsa style exhaust may be a bit loud (easy fix though), may not even be a big problem with the new PCM Catanium system. They are coming with a full ARC Audio system now instead of Polk (including the amps and sub).

Im not affiliated with them just a proud and happy Wakecraft owner. Let me know if you ever want to take ours out for a spin.

(Message edited by deltaboy on March 19, 2008)
Old     (riverdog)      Join Date: Dec 2004       03-21-2008, 2:51 PM Reply   
Hey Kevin. Where did you get the inline silencers and how much did they help with noise? I have sideswipe and find its a little loud.
Old    K.B.C.            03-21-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
If you live in Norther Cal I'm sure Rod would be willing to take you out in one, check the find a thirds area for the Sacramento Winter thread.
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-21-2008, 4:17 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure it was Hydro Power Inc. When our boat was being made I called up these guys and put them in contact with Wakecraft and since they did business with several of the other manufacturers in the area they dropped by and took a look at the engine and spec's of the PCM ZR6 and took it from there. The first set was too quiet and I think a little restrictive but the second set was it. Not too loud and not too quiet. Gave the boat a great sound IMO. You can hear it on Youtube just type in Wakecraft and you will find a low quality video that I did just for the sound. The site is www.hpisilencers.com
found this on Waterski Mag http://www.waterskimag.com/article.jsp?ID=42113