Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 20, 2006

Old     (brianm9604)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
I own an X1 and curious to what the group thinks relative to the best weighting options. My X1 has the three MC ballast tanks (two back, one middle), but I was curious to what others have done to "dial in" the wake.

Pls advise.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-28-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
If you don't care how much weight you are putting in, I have found the optimum setup is:
250 sac under the two front seats, 650 lbs. lead in the walkway and a 250 sac in each of the back two compartments. Plus factory full of course. This is a great setup for 2-3 people plus rider.

You will want to have 90 lbs or so that you can move around in the boat based on how people are sitting- because that hull is very subject to weight changes if you are not even on both sides.
Old     (mctc)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-28-2006, 11:06 AM Reply   
Brian...I would post this same question in the boat and accessories thread, you might get a little better response.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-28-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
One 450 bag in each rear trunk, and a 750 laying across the bow, is what we used.
Old     (dfwharvey)      Join Date: Mar 2006       11-28-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
I plumbed in two 550 lbs sacs in the rear instead of the tanks. Then I have the factory middle sac (300-350). I put another 400 lbs or so in the walkway as far forward as it will go. Then I add another 150-200 lbs up front under the seats. This ends up with about 2000 lbs total plus riders. With two or three people this is a very nice wake. I tend to take a little out the more people are in the boat. Like wakeboard nebraska said an extra 75-90 lbs to move around to balance is a good idea.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       11-28-2006, 12:52 PM Reply   
Add a 400lb sac (fly high v-drive twins) to the tanks in the rear and a 750 integrated bow sac (fly high) to the front under the seats and your golden in my opinion. Empty on of the rears while going to balance the weight side to side. If you wanted to go all out i think i have heard of people fitting the 750lb fat sac in the rear compartments. I would install another ballast puppy to run the bow sac. You can run the overflow/vent from the rear tanks into the new rear sacs and then vent that out with check valve in line. Ive done that system many times and it works great. Plus all the sacs are hidden and auto fill and empty. The x1 likes more wieght in the back then most boats so play with the weight in the front and speed and rope length to dial the wake for your riding.
Old     (rake)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-28-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
Pull the rear tanks, put in the pro-x v-drive sacks, integrated bow sack under the seats in front and 400 lbs of pop bags in the walkway under the bow filler cushion, stock center ballast. I've run the pro-x 750's in the back and yes, they fit, however the additional wake size isn't enough to justify the extra gas and sundeck washing that occurs when they are in. Not to mention with the 750's you have room for a couple of vests and that's it in the rear lockers.

I'd disagree that you want more in the back than the front, it would get extremely steep very fast.

Here's my '01 205V with the set-up above.

speed 24, 75ft rider 6'3"
Upload

speed 24.5 75ft rider 5'10"
Upload
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-28-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
My research has also told me that most people will tell you not to overweight the back end of these boats. More weight up front than the average boat. I wish I could add my $.02 but I have only owned my 205V for a couple months, and not yet gotten it "dialed in." I need to add PP and plumbed ballast first.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-28-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
Through all my reading and analysis of what others are doing I am going to be putting 440lb sacs in the rear lockers and thinking of a 300lb sac for the walkway in the bow area...
Old     (x2rider)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-28-2006, 7:56 PM Reply   
You will need more weight in the front, I took out the hard tanks and put in the fly high v-drive sacs, 400# each and put in a pair of side sacs under the front seats 260# each, I also left the stock centre sac in, dunno how much it weighs. It is clean and big as far back as I can see
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-28-2006, 8:16 PM Reply   
greg you will need alot more weigh up front than that

add a bow integrated sac, it will help the boat plane much easier, and make the wake bigger imo
Old     (brianm9604)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-29-2006, 6:15 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info and insight. I look forward to trying different options during the summer of 07! Man I can't wait.
Old     (rich_g)      Join Date: May 2003       11-29-2006, 10:01 AM Reply   
Greg, the way I read your post, I assume you mean a 300 lb sac up front in addition to the stock-center ballast. Is that right? I think others think you are only going to have 300 up front.

I have a 99 205V with no stock ballast. I am planning on 2 440's in the back, a full locker sack, and 320 lbs of lead under the bow seats. I got the boat recently and its in the garage for some winter projects; haven't had a chance to use it with ballast yet. Any opinions on this setup?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-29-2006, 10:21 AM Reply   
I weight my old x-2 with 500 pounds of lead in the front. Then I fill the middle ballest. Then I tore out the custom water boxes in the back because they did not hold enough weight. I put 100 pounds of lead on each side. Then I put 650 pound sacks on top of the lead. So total weight is 500 lead in front
200 center sack
200 lead in back
1300 sacks in back
total of 2200 and the wake is pretty solid.
It is good enough for most spinny flippys.
Later, BCP MIke
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-29-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Rich, I your weight setup is the same thing I'm planning on doing. Only difference is I'm planning on getting an integrated bow sac for the front. I wanted to avoid lead/sandbags because I do a lot of trailering and wanted to avoid the stress on the trailer/vehicle.

By the way, check your PM's. I had a quick question about your boat.
Old    K.B.C.            11-29-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
You should consider some lead for the front in addition to that bag, a few hundred pounds should be okay for trailering. My friend runs that integrated bow sac and if only that is filled up front the boat tends to porpoise quite a bit.

Once it's in I would guess it only fills up to about 2-250 lbs.