Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (mdiddy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-09-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
I need help deciding between the two boats. 2005 Supra 21v (new) completely loaded with 325hp mpi, and a left over 2004 MC prostar 205V(about 20 demo hrs.) setup same as x-2 with ballast/ tower/mcx motor/etc... The MC would end up costing me about $3000 once equiped the same. Both have tandem axle trailers. I do like how the supra is a bigger boat inside. In my situation I can not get these boats out on the water. Please help, I need advice on these 2 boats. Are the wakes similar? I have to make my choice very soon to get the great prices that I have been quoted. Any advice will be a great help.
Old    jzwake            03-09-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
3k for a 205V!, where do I sign??? I of course assume you meant 3K more.

the MC will be much smaller inside but should handle a little nicer. I am a little partial to the supra just becuase I liked the 21 launch and want to check out a V drive of it. with out the prices I can't speculate what I think is the better deal.

Have you test drove both?? you should. then get the one you liked better.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-09-2005, 10:58 AM Reply   
No matter what we post here and what you read elsewhere buying boats is really a personal choice. You should spend at least an hour in each boat with your family putting it through it's paces.

I just bought a boat very different from what I had completely convinced myself after reading and researching everything. The drive/ski/ride was also very different from my perspective then what others had told me.

Don't rush, it's much better to miss one deal then to buy the wrong boat.
Old    zboomer            03-09-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
Very different boats, the Supra is a LOT bigger and deeper. Very hard to compare the two for that reason.

It will ride MUCH better than the 205 in rough water.

The 205/x2 is famous for a great wake, with enough ballast, but the 21V also kicks out an incredible wake. Probably superior for wake surfing due to it's size.

Damn, tough choice. Both are damn awesome, all composite construction, lifetime hull warranties, etc.

I demo'd a 21V earlier this year, and damn it was nice having so much room. The rear compartments are huge, and the seats are so thick, etc.

You really can't go wrong either way in my opinion, but I'm sure people here will be glad to tell you different, heh.