Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old    phx450            05-24-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
I'm tired of the Moomba. It runs fine and works fine. But I'm looking to step it up a little in quality. My question is do i buy a new boat this year 06? or get an 07 soon? 50k is my magic number in boat price give or take a couple thousand. As of now im shopping:Malibu VLX, Calabria Pro V, Tige 22e, MB 230v, and MC X2. I know that these are all top of the line boats but would appreaciate any feedback. I live in Phoenix. Prices always help.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       05-24-2006, 6:01 PM Reply   
Your best deals will come at the end of the year. Overstock at dealers and negotiating power in the winter is the best. But you will also have to sell yours and now is the best time to do that.
Also boat shows have great eals but most of those have passed.
My friend just picked up a Almost new 2004 Malibu LSV 23' loaded with only 35 hours on it for only $43,000. The boat wasa little dirty but it cleaned up well and looks like a new boat, and it runs like a champ.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
I know someone who picked up an 04 Malibu VLX in Sept05 for $35k new -- 1.9hrs and 3yr warranty.

The deals are out there.
Old     (pink)      Join Date: May 2006       05-24-2006, 8:03 PM Reply   
cant tell you what i got my boat for but it was a deal from hell, i got the mb v23 and love it to death wait till the boat shows and good deals
Old    phx450            05-25-2006, 7:38 AM Reply   
When do the 07's come out? I was thinking of getting an 06 at the end of this year. It will be a year old boat but brand new. I'm really likeing the MB and the Calabria but i know that i cant go wrong with the VLX or X-2. Anyone know if/when the next boat show is in Phoenix?
Old    phx450            05-25-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
Just looked at the Calabria Pro v again today. Wow does it have a ton of room! The ballast tanks supposedly fill in a couple of seconds! They have an 06 for 47k loaded. Speakers, Bimi, etc.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 2:04 PM Reply   
calabria are really nice boats! only problem is the ballast system is only 700# and you can't upgrade it :-( which im surf would be plenty for boarding but i like to surf alot
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-25-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
My buddy has a pro v and i love the boat. Stock plus 2 extra 600s and the wake is kicking. 47K is a killer deal aswell
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-25-2006, 2:42 PM Reply   
cant upgrade the ballast in a calabria? what about fat sacks
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-25-2006, 3:11 PM Reply   
Wait for 07. There are some new boats coming out and these older models will be cheaper. MB has a new one coming and so does Correct Craft.
Old    jemiller06            05-25-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Brady, if you are already wanting to replace your current boat why use it for another season? Is $50K without moving your boat? If so, you can trade your Moomba and get into an 06 VLX for less than $50K no problem.

The fun you will have this season on a new boat will surely offset anything you may gain by waiting another year. Pull the trigger. If you are in the financial position to do it now why wait? Enjoy the fruit's of your labor sooner than later. $50K will buy an amazing wakeboard boat. You should enjoy it as soon as possible.

Just an opinion. I am not a dealer and have nothing at stake for you to buy now. I was in your position a few years ago and am so glad I took the leap and bought a high-end ride as soon as I could. I have had so many great times on the water since then I couldn't imagine waiting.

Can't vouch for the other model's listed, but if you decide on the VLX I will promise you will not be disappointed. Enjoy.
Old    phx450            05-25-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
I have someone to buy it now.

When do the 07's come out?

Should i feel bad about demo rides in several boats or is this pretty standard. I really dont know a ton about each boat. It seems as though i cant go wrong with the malibu or X2. Is the difference that noticable then say a tige, or mb? I'm not even close to being a pro. The main thing for me is reliablity and quality of boat. From what I have researched i look at these as vary comparible.............Right?
Old    monair            05-26-2006, 7:54 AM Reply   
If build quality and reliability are important to you - why aren't you at least considering a correct craft?
Old    phx450            05-26-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
Who knows? I dont know much about the CC's. I guess a stop at the dealership this weekend is due. What boat from CC am i looking at for 50k?
Old    mplv            05-26-2006, 8:02 AM Reply   
50k nautique = a closed bow ski boat. if your trading for quality and resale look at the MC
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
Brady, I'd demo every boat you seriously consider.

Why the X-2 over the X-1? Note, I have never even been inside the X-2, but I love the X-1.

There are a few V-Drives that you can look at from CC in the 50 K range. Word on the street is that the 210 is a fairly nice boat.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-26-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
MLPV....come on, giving inaccurate information on the net is not exactly something new. However, saying the only Nautique you can get for under 50 K is a 196 is just ridiculous.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-26-2006, 8:46 AM Reply   
Don't feel bad about wasting the dealers time. Feel bad about 'miss-spending' $50k on a boat you don't like.
Old    phx450            05-26-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
TRUE! I like the room on the X-2. We tend to have 6 people everytime on the boat. The Moomba is fits 6 okay but thats about it. I'm thinking a 22 foot boat or so with a V drive will be just right.

When you take a demo are your required to put a deposit down? Do you have to buy that exact boat or do they have just one model they always demo.

Anyone know what i can get an x-1 for here in AZ pretty loaded? My only problem with this is that the X-1 is pretty much the same size as the moomba.

This is why i was absolutely drooling over the pro v
Old    jemiller06            05-28-2006, 9:01 AM Reply   
If you have 6 people everytime. Get something big. The last thing you want is to be crowded in your new $50K boat. Again, I am only speaking from experience, but the VLX is perfect for 6-8. The quality and fit and finish is amazing, as well as the reliability (contrary to some posts).

Never feel bad about a demo ride. A dealer that requires a deposit is not the dealer you want to work with. Unless it is a refundable deposit that means that they are going to put you in that boat regardless of wheter you like it's on-water performance. Just be honest with them. Tell them you are going to buy something, but are torn between a few different brands. A good dealer will be happy to take you out and showcase the product. The market isn't overflowing with buyers ready to spend $50K so make them work for your business. You will be happy with your purchase when you decide on the model that is right for you.
Old    discolafinger            05-30-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
i was just wondering, i don't see a supra on your list? and did you ever consider buying new-used, the reason i ask, because i was considering selling mine, all of you guys had some really good input, so brady my question, would someone like you be interested in my boat if you were looking for a supra?
Old     (jeffrpod)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2006, 8:04 PM Reply   
FYI - I heard that the '07 X2 will have more ballast (about 1K lbs) but some of the new colors may be hard on the eyes... I should take delivery of an 06 X2 in a few days, I'll keep you posted.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-30-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
discolafinger....its too bad Vegas doesnt have a Supra dealer as i would be interested.Love the looks of the boat
Old     (robie)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-30-2006, 9:23 PM Reply   
Brady - I have an '00 X-star = X-1. We always have 5-6 for boarding with a open bow fly high sac and have room. Granted I would love the room of a new X-Star but if the bow is empty there is plenty of room.

We had 13 on it just chillen this weekend for a fun and crazy time.

Jeffrpod - Will MC be making any changes to the X-1 or anything else we might be interested in?
Old    discolafinger            05-31-2006, 8:10 AM Reply   
jonny let me know i would love a reason to drive to vegas
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-31-2006, 8:24 AM Reply   
well...like i said....without having a dealer here i dont think i could pull the trigger. we have had the same issue with the Sky Supreme that we bought in phoenix....they have yet to call us back and that was over 2 years ago on any warranty or none warranty issue.

i have done most all the maintenance myself as a result and it has been a pain but i guess i know the boat inside and out now, talk about a poorly designed boat from any type of maintenance standpoint