Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-08-2006, 7:56 AM Reply   
ok, the last time i went out was tryin w2w but i couldnt quite get it. Im using a good progressive edge and i have most of my tension when i get to the wake... im just not sure when to pull the rope to my waist. Do i pull it while im in the air or as i leave the wake? Thanks
Old    alanp            08-08-2006, 6:28 PM Reply   
there really is no pull on the rope to your chest. the pull you are referring to is more of a roll of the handle down ward and used to keep your balance and axis. if you are relying on a pull of the rope to go wake to wake you are doing something wrong and i hate to say it but not using a progressive edge. try to get a short video or a few photo's of your position just before take off and we can start to dissect your problems. and get you jumping correctly
Old     (livigno)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-09-2006, 12:04 AM Reply   
Brad,
try to perfect your one wake jumps first. Cut out about 4 feet. Bend your arms, place the handle at your lead hip and lock it in there. Then wait for the boat starting to pull you back towards the wake. Now concentrate on the wake. Set an easy, but progressive edge, always looking at the TOP of the wake (this is the very spot where you want to take off! Sooo important!). Stay on edge, keep your weight distributed 60 (back foot) / 40 (front foot), slightly bend your knees and begin leaning against the rope like slowly rocking backwards in a rocking chair. NEVER let off of your edge before reaching the TOP of the wake (unless you want to do a Tantrum or another trick in the trip flip family...). As you reach the TOP of the wake , STAND TALL by FULLY extending BOTH your legs and pushing your hips forward while keeping the handle in until you hit the water again. If you're doing all this correctly, you should get a nice pop and some good air and land on your edge somewhere near the second wake, cutting out and over the second wake as if you never left the water. Don't forget to bend your knees to absorb the shock when landing on the edge of your board. Really take your time practicing this! Then try and cut out a little farther - but no more than 8 to 10 feet and do the same thing. You will EASILY clear both wakes, when your technique is correct. Now go out and have some fun
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2006, 9:00 AM Reply   
i focussed on keeping the handle close on Monday when we rode. it made a big difference in my consistency. helps to transfer all the line tension down thru the board; which boots your ass up the air and across the wake. when I got into the trough, i slowly pulled the handle in to my hips and kinda pressed my hips forward and my chest up. (standing tall). easily added another foot or so to height and 2 feet to distance. landings were a lot more controlled. Upload
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-09-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
i realized how hard I was working to get across before. this is what happened when i really leaned into it
Upload