Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    goose69            07-28-2004, 11:45 AM Reply   
I had the privilege to ride behind the new 25ft Malibu Wakesetter last night and damn was in nice. I had a chance to not only get on the boat and take a look around, but saw it when it was out of the water and on the trailer as well.
This thing is gianormice!!
Though with the stock 1800lbs ballast and the wedge down, the wake size itself wasn't impressive. It looked a little smaller then a filled out 23ft, but the 25ft wake was more of a vert style wake like the SAN, which gave you the straight up pop.
Please don't take that as a dis on the wake because I would be perfectly happy ridding with the stock set up. It gave me plenty of pop of the wake. It is just amazing though that you could add even more weight to the boat to make the wake bigger for even better pop.

Has anybody else taken a pull behind one yet??
And what do you think?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2004, 11:52 AM Reply   
did you snap any photos of the new malibu?
Old    wakechick            07-28-2004, 11:58 AM Reply   
It's too bad we have to add so much more weight to boats that are already $50K+
It sounds like a nice boat. I know the interior on the 23ft was huge, I can't imagine how it is on the 25ft! Do you know what the sticker price on one of those babies is? The 23ft at my local dealership which was pretty decked out was $65K....
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-28-2004, 12:48 PM Reply   
Keep going with the 25... malibu's sticker for the 25 on the website is $58... I'd say all loaded up you could get above $70K.

It's a cool huge boat. Wake is nice. Wide, but the boat has a 102" beam so it's gonna be wide, but fun boat for sure.
Old    goose69            07-28-2004, 2:12 PM Reply   
Sorry, didn't have a camera off hand to take a picture. I believe the owner pick this one up for about 60k or a little more. The only weight I would add other then stock ballast would be a 550 sack somewhere in the front of the boat. The ass drug a little with the wedge down, so the wake curled just a little.