Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnboyy7)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-22-2011, 6:01 PM Reply   
It was a beautiful hot august evening in texas after a pleasing day on the water. Time to put her to bed. My crew this time out did not come with one with the abilities to back a trailer, no biggy. We pull up to the dock ,i get eveyone out of the boat but the wife.... i for some reason thought i would let her pull it on the trailer, must of been out in the sun to long. Although i do feel like she could do it, shes a good boat driver. In the mean time, 26 cabin cruiser gets towed in and another boat pulls up witha nice sound system (485 and 4 pro 80s... it was loud). In all there classiness they turn the back of there boat up to the ramp and crank it up. SIde note... the music was not PG and there were several kids under 7 on the dock. I back down the trailor and i am walking down the ramp thinking i would help my wife with verbal instruction but there is no way she can begin to hear me so i decide im gonna go to her. Well the water level is down thus exposing several feet of ramp layer with mud and algea.... Yes just like in the movies. I went to step on it and my feet went straight up in the air and i land right on the middle of my back. nice. Thankfully it didnt hurt anything but my pride. Then i get the helpfully comment over the PA "hey watch out, it can be slick". Thanks jackass. Did i meantion it was a boat of 5 guys? They musta been boarding in really cold water that day and felt the need to compensate. So i get my boat loaded and out and decide to help the broke down boat. Their crew was in street clothes. It was gonna take some coordination but we cant even hear ourselves think but we made.

Moral of the story. have a nice boat with a nice speaker setup, im for this and have it on a much smaller scale but have some class with it. A torpedo 'sounded' very appealing.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       08-22-2011, 6:43 PM Reply   
LOL...reminded me the time I tried to walk out to get on a jetski at my ex gf's lake house a few years ago. Her dad had made a wooden ramp to drive their waverunners up on. It was my first time out there. I started to walk out on it to get on one and just as I did a few of the people that had been there before screamed "Watch Out it's slick!!!" I heard the slick part just as my a$$ hit the deck! Hurt like a mother and everyone got a good laugh at my expense once they realized I would live....

I don't understand the disrespect people show others these days with their loud music with bad language, especially with little kids around. I mean, even when I was a teenager with a loud system in my car I always turned it down when I would pull up beside someone at a light out of respect, plus not wanting to look like a complete tool. A lot of folks just don't give a crap anymore about anyone but themselves and trying to look cool.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-22-2011, 8:11 PM Reply   
Back in 07, my wife (g/f at the time) had her sister and her two friends fly in from Newfoundland for the week (that's where they were from). Her condo was very close to the water, and about a 2-3 minute drive to the ramp. My best friend and all the girls go out on my boat to try to watch the huge fireworks display downtown for the 4th of July. That boat only held 6 people and we were cramped for sure. We discover NO ONE was on the water - ended up you can't see the fireworks from there. But we all started drinking heavily, and they even walked back to the condo for another load of booze (again, we were the only ones on the water for hours).

Finally we decide to grab the trailer and pull the boat out - I'm the most sober of the group but still had a few in me for sure. Ya ya, shouldn't be boating/drinking and all that, normally don't, it happened, and no one around to hit anything anyway. I start walking down to my winch, slip on the moss on the ramp, and scrape my ass hard on the corner of the trailer before landing on the ground.

Get back to the condo, show my wife (well, g/f) the long gash on my ass, then end up showing her sister just hours after meeting her. Classy.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-22-2011, 10:49 PM Reply   
I have a decent sound system and see no point in turning it up inside of a marina or near a dock. Yes, I have the PA too but resist all urges to use it in close quarters. At least you got your boat on the trailer without a scratch!
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-23-2011, 6:21 AM Reply   
http://youtu.be/CYEXBTlWf_4
Old     (Down2Ride)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-23-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
I forgot about Mr.Microphone....good times...