Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rektek)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-26-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
Anyone using any of the fusion audio products in their boat ?
The iPod solution looks pretty decent.
Old     (theanimal)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-27-2010, 5:22 AM Reply   
I do a lot of custom ATV and UTV stereo installs and have used the Fusion head units in the past. I have to say the Ms-Ip500 was a great unit and I never had any trouble at all out of it. It was totally waterproof and put out a ton of clean power for a head unit. However I stopped installing Fusion products earlier this year when I started having repeated failures with the newer Ms-Ip600 head units. The digital display will fill up with water the first time you put spray of water on it. After repeated arguments with Fusion about replacing the units they finally just gave me the old
" Its not designed to be used the way you are using it " excuse and pretty much told me I was out of luck. I have since started using head units with a similar Ipod dock from Aquatic AV and have been much happier. They are 100% waterproof and the construction is rock solid. Also a cheaper alternative for Ipod docking units is the Kenwood unit. It is also very water resistant.
Hope this helps.
Old     (boardnxtx)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-27-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
I had Fusion tower speakers on my last boat. They were decent and did the job. They don't compare to my current Wetsounds, but for the price I was happy.
Old     (njwaterwarrior)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-30-2010, 6:04 AM Reply   
I have a brand new MS-CD600 head unit and I just went out to turn it on, and its dead. Not sure what is going on, but the unit has power on the perm and aux switch voltage sources, so its looking like the head unit died. It has been working great for over a month, but the only thing I can remember doing the last time I used it, was to play a CD(which it had no issue doing at the time). All fuses are good, all voltages are there, the only thing I even have connected right now is the power, as I wanted to rule out shorts on the output side. I'm gonna call up the tech guys and see what they say, but they'll prob tell me to push the reset button(which I have done) and if that doesn't work, the send it back in for warranty repair. Oh well. When it worked, I would recommend it to anyone for a replacement head unit, because the features and functionality were great. Much better than the Clarion and Alpine units I have used previously.