Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (brinks)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2009, 9:10 PM Reply   
....that you can say to a photographer
http://tinyurl.com/dlwv4t

I came across this and thought everyone might enjoy it.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2009, 9:29 PM Reply   
awesome find, brett! that was hilarious! thanks for the link.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-26-2009, 10:19 PM Reply   
That was AWESOME! And yes, those are probably my top 10 as well. Right up there with "how much did that cost?" and also making crude remarks to large lenses. Yeah buddy, I know what it looks like...
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-27-2009, 4:44 AM Reply   
My favorite was....... 4. (You were so lucky to be in the right place at the right time.)
In the same sense that I was lucky to be up an hour before sunrise for a week to arrive at the location in time only to be disappointed 6 out of the 7 days, I guess I was lucky.

My personal favorite is when I hear...Your camera takes really great photos.
Old     (b_rad_b)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-27-2009, 12:29 PM Reply   
I love #1. My friends and I joke about that all the time.

I have two responses I give.
(1) The camera doesn't matter. Go to flicker and do a search for pictures taken with my camera and you will find tons of crap. Also you could find stuff a lot better than mine with cheaper cameras.

(2)"Yeah this camera is great it tells me where to go, when to go there, where to stand, where to point my camera and when to push the shutter button. If i'm doing portraits it tells me where to put my strobes and what kinds of modifiers to use. All I do is hold it."

I think it is great that Chase Jarvis has a gallery on his website only of images he took on his iPhone and they are good. So much for the camera being important