Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-14-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
word. it's pathetic that a sunny 16 degrees on monday felt good.

anyone go to the Linkin Park show last night? it was the best live performance i've experienced.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-15-2008, 11:20 AM Reply   
I cant believe I just found this thread :-( I have been going out of my mind. Barely 0 today, 32 tomorrow then back down to go back up. It gets old. I am passing the time by recieving my ND tower for my 93 sport nautique. I am working on figuring out what I can do for making it mine but the tower holes are drilled and it is ready to get the reinforcing epoxy, but I have to get a 24 hour day of 60 in the garage for the stuff to set up properly. Other than that it is off to the House to get sum ballast and my wife a new board. It is getting expensive already but what do ya do. It will be a really nice setup for me once it is done. I would post pictures, but I dont really know how with this format of a forum.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-18-2008, 12:28 PM Reply   
Well, its back to the sub zero temps again, at least we didnt get socked with the ice and snow that IA and WI got.

Half of our heating went out here at the shop, luckily not on my side of the building.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-18-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Man Corey thats too bad! Yeah these temps suck...as i've said before, i work at an ice arena...and last year when we had that one weekend in february when our 'high' temps were like -10 and such, our heating went out. Customers and our front employees could see their breath in our lobby, it was sickening! It is sad when we would actually be in the ice arenas and not the lobby where it was warmer! My co-worker and i would hide in our mechanical/compressor room where it is SUPER loud just cuz it was warm from the machines working.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-21-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
weather's still not looking promising......
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-23-2008, 10:44 AM Reply   
Corey, Yep I'm in Utah... But Yes, Back in Nisswa this summer
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-23-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
So how much capital would have to be raised to get a cable park set up??
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-23-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Mox, i'm not sure, my buddy and i looked at it at one point and it was around 1.5 million with a man made lake and everything, dont quote me on that number but im sure its close.

As of right now... we can start a paypal fund... I have $20!

Lets start a fund and start a WW/MN Cable Park!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-24-2008, 7:02 AM Reply   
Cable parks are for people without boats. I was up in brainerd/baxter the last few days and I happen to go to a few dealers in town. By far the best was MNinboard and I talked with Sally the GM of the store. I was there for about an hour and it would have been more if it wasnt for the wife calling me so much. She was awesome and we talked about having some riders day around there and we talked about doing something in the crosby mine jist just 15 miles east of there. Anybody else been there? The water is the clearest in MN and it is just awesome. I have never ridden there but I know people who have and they say it is THE place to be. I am more than willing to bring my 93 sport there for the event and I dont know if she said we could use a demo boat but she and myself were looking to gauge interest in such an event. Trust me the drive is worth it and free camping on site is a huge bonus. I know thats what I would be doing.

Whos with me? Throw your interest up in doing it and If we get interest, I will work to get something going and I know Sally will be willing to help too. This could really be sweet, lets hear it guys.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-24-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
Two things.
Way to go Nintzel! Nice long anwsers to the Riders thread. It wass nice to acutally read some anwsers, besides. "I want to have more style..."
Second - MN Riders Thread = 250
Jersesy's Thread = 139
Keep it rocking!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-24-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
251 baby! but yeah....

Don, i've met sally, wonderful person! I have access to all the lakes around the crosby area, more so cross lake, but its close enough. GORGEOUS place, water is unreal and the parties are phenomenal! My buddy has a place up there on the white fish chain of lakes bout 45 min NE of brainerd. I would be down for riding on that riding day, let me know if i can be of any help setting things up, i would love to be more involved!
Old     (funkyhomosapien)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-24-2008, 5:23 PM Reply   
Don, did Sally tell you about the mine pits? Or did you already know about them? Either way keep it to yourself. Don't ruin a good spot.
Old     (funkyhomosapien)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-24-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
The DNR is trying to ban wakeboarding in there. The are trying to make it into a state park because it has become to popular in the last year for wakeboarding. Sorry, not trying to be a ___. I have been riding there for many years and it would be sad to see it go.
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
ha, funny. sally is my mom. i also work at mn inboard. so i didn't know the DNR is trying to get rid of wakeboarding over at crosby, that's kinda lame. my older brother jake comes up every summer from FL and him and his buddies always go out there, i've never been out there but i know a lot of people who have, sounds cool.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-24-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
DON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo YOU IDIOT! AHHHHH, that is like the best spot ever. Super seceret! Totally Ruined now!

Man sorry to be so harsh but that spot is the sickest place on earth! Keep tight lipped about it!
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2008, 6:45 PM Reply   
a ton of ppl already know about it. even nonlocals..as i mentioned, my brother jake and his good buddy colin go out there a lot during the summer. n when ppl from the cities come into the store during the summer ask where to take the boards the demo from us, thats where we tell em. it's a great place.

(Message edited by annie_h on February 24, 2008)
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-24-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
I was a bit surprised by that post as well. I hope it doesn't get too busy this summer.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-24-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
Ryan, i doubt it will....you guys ever see a blue and black 06 Xstar out there...we've hit it up on our way home to the cities with the boat before...pit stops are where its at on a 3.5 hr trip!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-24-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
Annie, was that you who came in friday to get the pasport thing? I was the one talking to her if that was.

Sorry to let the cat out of the bag, but both of us knew about it and was talking about it being a sick place to go for a riders day. I dont think any more or less will be going because of it

Me and the wife have been going there fro years for diving and camping. The DNR has been saying for years they are gonna shut it down and make it a regulated camping area but their main problem is that they have 0 jurisdiction there. It is majority private owned land and they have been trying to no avail to buy it out. I have heard DNR pushing their weight to make it happen but bottom line is since it is private, they cant do anything about it.

Like I said, i doubt my post will bring as much interest in the pits as all the people screaming at me about it in retaliation.
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
agreed. besides, that place is great! ppl should get a taste of it. i'm local to the mine pits, and if anyone should be territorial about the place, or not want others to know about it, it's locals. ppl who live here with me-local to the mine pits-go out there every single weekend to ride, you want to talk about it being "totally ruined." ask them. No matter what tho, I think everyone should go out there at least once, and when i say everyone, i mean everyone. that's why when people come and demo wakeboards from us at the store, or buy them..i always try to remember to mention the mine pits to them.

(don, yes that was me who stopped into the store when you were there)
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-24-2008, 7:44 PM Reply   
Siiiick. Wakeboarders are supposed to be all about the ride and sharing the experience. Lets share it with one another

Thanks for the support on the statement Annie. Have a good time in Mexico, and let me know how it was
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-24-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
ya! for real. share it. and thanks, don! i'm sure i'll have some fun

(to anyone who cares, i wasn't trying to contradict myself when i said that if anyone should get mad it's locals, cause i don't think anyone should get territorial about that place, i was just saying that if anyone can, it's locals..but i personally think that NO one should. i also agree with don about sharing the experience!)
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-24-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
Secret spots = the backyard!
Upload
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-25-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
Don, Annie, and every one. We are not screaming at you just a little upset. The was our underground spot. I am all for sharing and try to be one of the nicest and sharing riders around, you gotta spread the love. But in this case this is like asking me to make out with my wife, just caught us off guard. Having been in this wakeboard game for a long time I know how quickly word of mouth ruins things, secret rail spots, sick water, even winch spots, I have seen countless places get shut down or become totally full of boats, just didn’t want it to happen again.

Sorry to be so rash and harsh, but seriously reading that was like you saying, Dude, your wife is hot, can I make out with her.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2008, 7:33 AM Reply   
I've never been to the mine pits, Bird has a cabin on a small, almost always calm lake south of Pelican so we never go anywhere else. It's hard to load the boat on the trailer when you're looking at glass.

Annie, where you headed in Mexico? My wife and I are headed to Cozumel to do some diving next month.
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-25-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
Well, it's not like this discussion board is going to ruin the mine pits for everyone for always. If it's been ruined for anyone it's the locals who go out every weekend. But, that's beside my point. Anyway, I'm going to Cancun. Annnnd I am jealous! I went to Cozumel once and it was the best ever! Have a great time!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-25-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
Its all good andy, I know what ya mean too. I have never ridden there but it came up in conversation to have a riders day out there and she seemed stoked to try to make it happen. I just said I would guage interest. I have never been to an area out there that actually has boat trafic. I dont know how bad or good it is out there. I was just keeping my word to see who was interested. I am a man of my word I never figured it was anybodys "secret" It is hard to get to and there are lots of underwater trees barely under the surface. Personally I would be worried of that in itself. I wouldt go out there unless someone else knew where you can and cannot go or the loss of some very expensive boat parts can be lost out there. Fair warning to those who dont know.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-25-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
The only place in Mexico I've been is Cancun and then we took a day trip to Isla Mujeres, it was awesome. I saw the biggest ray I've ever seen down there, and I saw a lady who swam into a jellyfish! Needless to say, do not swim towards a jellyfish, you will not come out the victor in that battle.
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-25-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
yea Isla Mujeres is sweet, i got to hold up a 7 foot shark....it was awesome!!
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-26-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
WOAH! I DID THE SAME THING! i held at the shark at isla mujeres! when you did was it in like this dock enclosed little area off the beach? cause that's where i did it. it was SO cool.
Old    petey20            02-27-2008, 8:51 PM Reply   
MINNESOTA RULES!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       02-27-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
I will second that!
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-27-2008, 9:19 PM Reply   
haha yea it was off this dock, it was fenced in and i did it like 2 or 3 years ago, did you go snorkling out there too??
Old     (bmromfo)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-28-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if there's a place around the cities or even the brainerd area that would rent a wakeboard boat? I'm coming home for the 4th of July from South Carolina and don't feel like trailering the boat 24hrs. We're planning on being on the whitefish chain the week of the 4th and desperately need some sort of wake boat (ie. x-star, Nauti, malibu, etc.) Thanks for the help.
Old     (sbh)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-28-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
"Boats and Beyond" rents one Supra. They're in the Nisswa area. Phone is (218) 963-7700. If you want it 4th of July you should call soon. It's expensive - $2000 per week I think. Have fun!
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-28-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
ya i did! it was probably the best snorkling ever.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-29-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
Just for all you MN riders http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=20880 76649

The full length movie will be debuting this fall, we're planning on doing a video premier similar to the one for the push process. I'll let you know when the whole thing comes together, until then enjoy.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-29-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
Oh yeah, the video is from Joe W. and No Style Productions.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-29-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
Nothing gets me more pumped to ride than sitting in a brand new MC watching a video premier!
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-29-2008, 11:52 PM Reply   
Anyone now any tourments? That anyone can join.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-29-2008, 11:53 PM Reply   
Anyone know any tourments? That anyone can join.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2008, 6:55 AM Reply   
^The Minnesota wakeboard tour!

Check out http://www.minnesotawakeboarder.com/
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-01-2008, 8:38 AM Reply   
There should be a bunch of good tournements this year, MN Tour, INT, Cornstock and maybe a couple of new ones.

We're still in the planning stages on our contests so if you have any creative input or changes you would like to see let us know.
Old     (galuke23)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-01-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
MN Riders,

So I was talking with some buddies back in MN (I live in OR now) about working up some vinyl dye-cut decals to rep my MN roots out here in the Northwest. What do you think? Would anyone be interested in these?

Upload
Enjoy the MN threads, keep em' coming!!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-01-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
That's rad, i would be interested for sure!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
^in for sure, i wuv it!
Old     (mox369)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-02-2008, 7:56 PM Reply   
love the logo man, does anyone know of a lake close to the cities that we could build a slider at?? I would love to hit one this summer but dont know where to put one, anyone gotta private lake for us to do some buildin??
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-03-2008, 6:16 AM Reply   
I would rock that sticker.

You know I am the logo on the that Minnesota Wakeboarder Site!
Old     (csswake3)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-03-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
i want one
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-03-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Luke, get 'em done, i want one for my truck ASAP! See if you can get the state white, and the boarder black...an opposite of what you posted, so i can slap it on the rear window of my truck!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-03-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Can you make it without the star-t just saying midwest?
Old     (annie_h)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-04-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
hey, the tournaments thing...the store i work at, MN Inboard, the one in brainerd, sponsors a tournament during summer up here in the brainerd lakes area, on gull lake. i hate to say that i honestly can't remember what the name of it is. i don't know when the 08 one will be this summer..but for the past 2 years it has been at Maddens on Gull Lake.
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-04-2008, 2:39 PM Reply   
I was at Maddens last year on a golf weekend that the company my roomate works for has every year and we found someone to give us a pull and got yelled at for boarding in one of the bays...even though there was no one around(fisherman, swimmers, even sun tanners!) We werent even close to shoreline and it wasnt a no wake zone! I was PISSED cause it was glass there and no where else in the area. Golfing was kick ass there though! ha! I want more info on this contest Annie!
Old     (liquidforce567)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-04-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
That one your talking about in brainerd is called the Northwoods Wakeboard Challenge. It's really a lot of fun
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-04-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Mitch

Does anyone know the date of the event?
Old     (sbh)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-05-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
Plans right now are for July 12th. The date should be finalized in the next day or two.
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-05-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
The T in the logo is the Texaco Gas/Oil logo.....

Upload
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
I see copyright infringment
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
Haha yeah, i like the logo without that "T", if it were without that design it would look much, much better!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2008, 11:54 AM Reply   
Oh, and by the way, LUKE email me again if you can, i emailed you back on the decal for my truck but have gotten no response....

Oh yeah...THIS IS SPARTA!!!!! 300 posts....
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-05-2008, 12:05 PM Reply   
301 sorry had to...
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-05-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
flip the star upside down
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-05-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Just nix the Texaco T and add one of these to the end of Division:
Upload
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-05-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
now we are talking. Me Gusta Mucho!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2008, 2:27 PM Reply   
When is the earliest youve gone wakeboarding in MN? My buddy at work went last year when there was still ice on one side of the lake...I dont think I could do it. When is everyone planning on going for their first pull?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-05-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
Lake, Mid April, Before if i decide to not be a pansy and hit up the St Croix or dirty Mississippi.

Last year, to be exact, i jumped in April 12th, a little bit of ice on some shorelines...it was the Thursday after the last Sunday that we saw ice somewhere on the Lake.
Old     (wakesurf12)      Join Date: Jun 2003       03-05-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
It's not in MN but I rode in Wisconsin during the first week in January one year. We had to break ice just to get the boat in the water!
Old     (megatmoe)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-05-2008, 2:57 PM Reply   
What were you guys wearing for water gear? Full wet suit? Board shorts and top? My cabin is only 2 hours north of the Twin Cities and even on fishing opener it seems so damn cold and thats mid May!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-05-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
The fishing opener could be in august and it would still be cold and crappy. lol
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2008, 4:56 AM Reply   
i started March 27th last year on the mississippi in a 3/2 shorty. i plan on starting as soon as the temps start hitting the upper 40's - 50's. the river is starting to open up in champlin already (ice on the sides). should be within the next 5 weeks. i see we're lookin' at upper 30's next week.

(Message edited by ironj32 on March 06, 2008)
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-06-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
I got you all beat, we went out on January 14th a few years back on the Mississppi. I wount lie, it sucked, there was really nothing fun about it. We had insulated drysuits on, thick glove and hoods. Still freezing cold, there is just really no way to keep you feet warm. At least we made it on the news!
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       03-06-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Jay and Andy, you guys are nuts... I lived in Seattle for quite a while and we rode every month of the year. BUT- we have the "100 rule" which means Water Temp+Air Temp must be >100 degrees. None the less- I'll be riding in early April in the dry suit so drop me a line if you want a pull.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
^I thought the 100 degree rule was to figure out if you're going to trunk it or wear the shorty?

Dry suit with sweat pants is the only way to go in the first weeks of April (maybe some 3mm gloves too)!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-06-2008, 5:16 PM Reply   
And by the way, MN High School hockey tourny on TV. Awesomeness!

edit: Roseau is gonna KILL everyone in this tourny.

(Message edited by sinkoumn on March 06, 2008)
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2008, 2:09 PM Reply   
Sinko...i think your favored team got schooled by Hill my man, totally unexpected but a good game to watch.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Ahah, in my face. Hill Murray just played awesome in both games, but I'm glad they beat Edina in the finals.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
Haha yeah man, it seemed as though everyone favored Roseau, even Kevin Gorg! haha. But yeah, Hill Murray just simply played unbelievably well. It's almost refreshing to have a new team, one who wasn't favored quite as much if at all, take state this year though!
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-09-2008, 2:58 PM Reply   
I love it when the Iron Range and Northern MN teams come down to the Cities and woop every city team. Unfortunately they got beat, but HM in every right deserved their state championship this year for sure.

It's too bad Aaron Ness won't be playing next year, we had a good drinking game going - every time Lou Nanny would either say his name or intentionally change the subject off of other players in the game to talk about how Jesus like Ness was you would take a drink; he's the Madden of HS hockey, but that's Nanny for ya! Wouldn't be the same without him
Old     (mnwakepuck)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-09-2008, 5:29 PM Reply   
Didn't end up how I wanted it, but having played for Edina I guess it' obviously gonna be disappointing haha. Oh well, it was a good tourny for sure.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-09-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Guys, i paid Luke for one of those MN Midwest Division Decals. Should be getting it relatively soon. If you see a Red F 150 sporting it on the rear window holler at me! Ill let you know how it turns out!