Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    wakeridershs            08-26-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
ok we live on a lake where sliders arnt allowed... we built this 14 foot long table top but were not sure how to hide it.. its to heavy to take out everytime so does anyone have any advice on how to hide it...

also does anybody have any suggestions of easy sliders to build
Old    blind5            08-26-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
kickers, flat rails, ramps, anything simple looking is easy to build. not a 12 feet off the water fun box
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-26-2003, 11:24 PM Reply   
yo,

I just put up a slide show on the slider we built out an old bost hull. It's fully trailerable. So you can take it with you of beach it. Maybe you can even paint it camo to blend with the beach or whatever.
http://www.watercraven.com/Lakupoloza.htm

EE
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-27-2003, 5:31 AM Reply   
Sweet.
I am planning on doing pretty much the same thing with my 12ft jon boat.
Does it hold up pretty well when you slide it?
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-27-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
It holds up great when you slide. Not much rocking or swaying. We are still working on the anchoring. Right now I have got concrete blocks tied off the four corners of the boat. It drifts a little after a couple of hits, but it is easy to fix.
Old    wakeridershs            08-27-2003, 9:15 AM Reply   
Well we tried it... but we had some trouble with keeping it stable.. any ideas on that?
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
Eric,
We have been having the same problem anchoring our slider. A friend of mine told me that you can keep your anchors from drifting by using a longer line. You should have 3feet of run for every 1foot of rise. If the water is 20 feet deep then use about 60 feet of rope.
Old    lakesideluver            08-27-2003, 9:30 AM Reply   
guys here is what ive found with my rave slider.....i use regular rope on the anchors, but i use 3-5 ft of bungee at the "top" end of the rope that way i can sink the anchors deep and pull the rope tight but the bungee line lets it give to waves and wind and hitting the slider just enough so it doesnt uproot the slider try it
Old     (watercraven)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-27-2003, 10:05 AM Reply   
Right on!! I was concerned about having a fix anchoring system due wave action. the combination of longer lines and the bungee shoulds like the way to go. Thanks for the input.

EE